Coral beauty
Midas blenny
Purple tang and bristletooth tang

10days ago i added
3 lyratail anthias
McCosker wrasse
Royal gramma
Chelmon marginalis

I divided my tank in half using a mesh screen to acclimate new arrivals to new tank after qtz.

Once removed the divider it was like a warzone for 10min and all calmed down except purple tang aggression towards cbb. Mirror did the trick and to minimize aggression.

So now day 10 i see big progress, no more chasing all swimming happily together. But purple tang does not let the cbb in to his side of tank. Just chases him to his side.

What should i do? Just let them sort it out? Because in 10 days from i want to kill you to lets swim together on other side of tank is a good progress. I cannot rearrange rocks. Any ideas would be highly appreciated :)

OP
OP
roberts01

roberts01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BCED3A93-B3D2-4FA7-AC9D-FB1B7DE9B160.jpeg

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tangs went for my copper band initially. I used mirrors to distract the tangs. After a couple of weeks, the tangs realized that the copper band did not compete with them. After that, they pretty much ignored it.

I have noticed with two of my tangs, that they have home bases which they will defend against interlopers. Usually, they get used to other fish and stop wasting their effort.

OP
OP
roberts01

roberts01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tangs went for my copper band initially. I used mirrors to distract the tangs. After a couple of weeks, the tangs realized that the copper band did not compete with them. After that, they pretty much ignored it.

I have noticed with two of my tangs, that they have home bases which they will defend against interlopers. Usually, they get used to other fish and stop wasting their effort.

Sounds good i will wait it out, cbb is just so eager to explore and eat tubeworms on the other side of the tank but gets chased away.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zebrasome will go after Chelmon. The body shape is very similar and they will generally regard Chelmon as if it where another of their own genus and try to kill it. I've seen it time and time again. I believe that you are in the clear with the CBB still being alive after 10 days. I wouldn't sweat it at this point.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zebrasomas are just jerks IMHO. I won't have another one in my tank after my experience with my Yellow Tang.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back