Purple tang in 80g?

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently wondering if I could possibly put a purple tang in my 80gal.
48x24x16
If I got it it would be the only really "large" fish in there as it's more of a coral tank and most of the other fish are going to be on the smaller side and there isn't going to be more than 6-8 fish in there.
Thanks.

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep an eye on it. They can be aggressive. Probably have a plan in a year or three if it gets to big.

Agreed. Also try to find a small one and make sure it's absolutely the last fish added to the tank.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48x24x16
If I got it it would be the only really "large" fish in there as it's more of a coral tank and most of the other fish are going to be on the smaller side and there isn't going to be more than 6-8 fish in there.
Thanks.
Sure why not! Just don’t tell the tang police! Haha.. this guy local to me has a purple, powered blue, gem and large fox face not to mention like 5 wrasses in a 40 gal breeder.. :flushed-face:

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sure why not! Just don’t tell the tang police! Haha.. this guy local to me has a purple, powered blue, gem and large fox face not to mention like 5 wrasses in a 40 gal breeder.. :flushed-face:
Lol, it's Gaboo!! Seriously though, that is just sad. At the end of the day, try and provide a healthy environment for your inhabitants. If it is stressed, then it may need a larger tank.

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48x24x16
Thanks.
I had one in my 72 g bowfront 15 years ago and he was a model citizen. Not sure if he was full sized but he didn’t seem stressed when i had him. Give him lots of swimming room

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, it's Gaboo!! Seriously though, that is just sad. At the end of the day, try and provide a healthy environment for your inhabitants. If it is stressed, then it may need a larger tank.
I’m waiting for the call! Hey bro you want these tangs?!? :p

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 157 73.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.7%
Back