Pygmy Octopus

Fishy01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I have a pygmy octopus in a 75 gallon tank or will they eat all my fish? Also why do they live for only 14 months?

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... You could in theory, if you are super careful to make sure it can't escape, and yes it will eat all the swimming snacks around it. That's just their natural lifespan

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would highly advise not getting one. I don't think an octopus should be kept in an aquarium.

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was by itself then yes, but with other fish around, either the Octo is taking them out or the fish will take out the Octo. And yes, about 14 Months is the natural life span for most Octos, which I don't think a ton of people who don't know a ton about animals know since you always see people attacking aquariums when they say their Octo passes at a little over a year saying it could've lived more if it were in the wild which A. Is not true and B It was most likely bred in captivity

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was by itself then yes, but with other fish around, either the Octo is taking them out or the fish will take out the Octo. And yes, about 14 Months is the natural life span for most Octos, which I don't think a ton of people who don't know a ton about animals know since you always see people attacking aquariums when they say their Octo passes at a little over a year saying it could've lived more if it were in the wild which A. Is not true and B It was most likely bred in captivity
The Doc my octopus teacher touches on the lifespan of an octopus.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Who is breeding captive breeding octopuses?

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 152 76.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 20 10.1%
Back