pyramid butterflyfish

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read that the Zoster's tend to favor Xenia more than the Pyramid. I don't know if there is any truth to that.

Dunno. By the time I added the zoster trio, the pyramids had already cleared out all the Xenia (blue clove polyps too).

U

User1

View Badges
Dunno. By the time I added the zoster trio, the pyramids had already cleared out all the Xenia (blue clove polyps too).

That is good to know, thanks. As I mentioned I have no factual information since I own neither although I was looking to possibly add both to either help manage or eradicate my Xenia after reading on them :) Although I do have other soft corals so I needed to think on it a bit more.

Still torn between the two noted in this thread or a trio of Milletseed Butterflyfish.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have 2 pyramid butterfly fish im picking up next week from marinefishez he allows local pickups if you live in atlanta area and the supplier is local too he sent me this picture this morning and said he would pick 2 good ones out of the pack

pyramid butterfly.jpeg

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i lost all my fish with marine velvet from inverts back in november ive been adding my livestock back after going fallow looking at getting 2 more pyramids maybe but ive noticed no sites have them in stock is this a seasonal fish or something?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
so i lost all my fish with marine velvet from inverts back in november ive been adding my livestock back after going fallow looking at getting 2 more pyramids maybe but ive noticed no sites have them in stock is this a seasonal fish or something?
they are Indian Ocean specimens and are hit and miss. This time of year , the Indian Ocean goes through thermoclines and the fish run for deeper water where it is a comfort zone.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are Indian Ocean specimens and are hit and miss. This time of year , the Indian Ocean goes through thermoclines and the fish run for deeper water where it is a comfort zone.
ah thanks for the info i guess i will wait til summer maybe then i can snag a few

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 49.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back