Qt tank design idea. Anyone done it?

Bugeater281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m setting up a large 200g system currently. And since I’m not rich, fish will be getting added slowly. Since I’m putting a lot of time in this tank, I plan on qt all fish. But I’ll have to have it set up for a while. Just curious if anyone has set up one like this before. I plan on getting either a 20g long or 10 gallon. I’ll probably just run sponge filters(I have a ton laying around). But since this tank will be in my basement, around 10ft from a drain. I’m thinking of keeping a large reservoir below it. I’ll drill the tank as close to the top as I can, and run some tubing to the drain. This way I can have a peristaltic pump set on a timer. During treatments, the pump will not be on. Once treatments are done. The pump would be turned back on to do auto water changes. Probably close to 50-75% a week.

has anyone set up a qt like this? Any drawbacks? I have 8 tanks in my house already(fresh and salt). And I figured this way I can have a simple tank that can house a good amount a fish, while not having to worry about manual water changes and testing(some testing would be required at first).

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a solid plan to me!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back