QT vs. Observation PSW

scottkoji

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I just got a Pink-Streaked Wrasse in from LA a few days ago. It has been doing really well in a five-gallon QT we set up for it. The QT has a little HOB filter, heater, a bag of marine pure ceramic gems from my display, and a little Microbacter 7. It has been swimming around and started eating a little bit last night. My question is if it continues to do well with no signs of any illness, should I still medicate it? I'm really hesitant to treat a fish that doesn't look sick especially one that is this small ~1" or so. If I decide not to medicate it, what would be a safe amount of time to observe it before adding it to my display?

artieg1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should read Humblefish's QT protocols in the stickies, and decide based on that. The question you are asking provokes very strong responses on both sides. You've really got to read up and make a decision on your own. For me, no, nothing goes in my DT that has not been prophylactically treated in QT.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back