QT what is needed for setup?

freddiehoard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to set up a 20 g QT/Hospital tank and was wondering what all do I need? I know I will have some LR and a powerhead for circulation but do I need a full on filtration system,lights and everything?

Jordan berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Qt live rock isn't recomended. Because sometimes you have to use medications that the rock will retain. Heater power head and some large pvc pieces is all you need. A lot of ppl use the month long ammonia wheel tester. Your filtration is 50% water changes.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank, heater, flow from something like a powerhead or HOB filter (not need to actually put anything in it.) You do not need light until you are ready to get the fish to go into DT. Water changes will keep stable. Also an Seachem ammonia badge is very important IMO. PVC or fake decor for fish to hide in and around.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a light isn't nessessary in a QT at all, unless you need something to see the fish with. The basics are a Heater, HOB filter, seachem ammonia badge, and hiding places. I like having something in the filter for biological, because the ammonia can really creep up on you fast. Depending on how many fish you have in there at one time, you may need the help. Matrix is good and or a simple foam block to build bacteria on will be a huge help. Daily water changes arn't easy to keep up with.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 166 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back