OP
OP
Quartapound

Quartapound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another one of my latest additions... Been wanting a Mandarin for 5 years, finally got one... Been stocking the tank with live copepods for the past 2 months and will continue to do so (the tank's crawling with em!), hopefully will keep this little guy happy :)
kWLDrJq.jpg

OP
OP
Quartapound

Quartapound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's another update! I just upgraded my Skimmer from a Vertex IN100 that was past its prime, to a Bubble Magus Curve 5... Loving it so far,
Here's a picture of this beauty before she went into the sump!
Myj2XPZ.jpg

Oo2pdYZ.jpg

OP
OP
Quartapound

Quartapound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys, about a week late, but here's the FTS for this month... I need some more glue, frags are accumulating at the bottom of the tank lol.. noticing some good growth though, noticeable! Working on colouring up a few that have lost their lustre since adding them to the tank, I won't lie, this past month I spent less time than I should have working on the tank... still happy though :)

zSoWggx.jpg

OP
OP
Quartapound

Quartapound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a LIVE feed from my aquarium. It should be live for the rest of the day, and I've been doing it almost every day lately

OP
OP
Quartapound

Quartapound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tNpfknA.jpg

Here's a shot of my recent Arduino PH probe data. it's being uploaded every 10 minutes to Sparkfun's free Data Server. https://data.sparkfun.com/

Although I don't doubt there's some error, I can see my PH is at it's lowest around 10am most days, and that it rarely ever deviates farther than 8.1~8.3 (perfect!)

Right now my sump/frag tank is on reverse lighting schedule but it's using 2x old 36" 16k bulbs that are now starting to produce a lot of algae and not much else.

I'm considering replacing it with an inexpensive high par grow LED (red) for the chaeto. https://www.amazon.ca/Garden-Greenhouse-Hydroponic-Indoor-Cultivation/dp/B016CZJW2S
I'm not growing frags down there so I don't need coral lighting at the moment, I'll probably consider another smallish 'reef led' in the future when adding coral or anemones down there.

I have a Reef Supplies order on it's way with fresh T5 bulbs for the display tank, going to be switching from Blue Blue Purple Blue To Blue Coral Purple Blue. I still have 2 strips of high powered Cree 3w royal blue LEDs that I use sometimes in the evenings or when I want that extra 'pop'.

OP
OP
Quartapound

Quartapound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my DIY Aquarium Controller (Although I do also have an Apex Jr on the tank).
It's a huge sketch, Here's the link to download the .ino

It generates an HTML webpage to display information as well as input and control. logging data to SD card and Sparkfun Data server every 10min
  • Arduino Mega 2560 R3
  • RTC D3231
  • W5100 Ethernet & SD
  • DS18B20 Temp sensor
  • 4 channel relay board (only using 2 atm)
  • PH v1.1 Probe
  • MRD711 Phototransistor
  • 2 channel LED ramping with control over total photo period, ramp up/down time
  • Auto fish feeder with manual override via relay board
  • Cooling fan control via relay board controlled by DS18B20 sensor with manual override
  • NTP time server sync (for time of day only, I set dates manually at the moment)

Everything works, although I'm sure there's more efficient ways to get things done, it's quite stable and functions well. I've hacked this code together from many different sources.

I hope this helps someone! lots of useful code attached

TherealplexiG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're sick, i do not understand programming language too well! Mech Engg here...But that should be awesome..I'm in the process of 60 gal cube. SPS dominant or maybe an nem dominant tank...I'll post build thread in a few weeks, alotsa stuff to do.
How do you dose??? And what do you dose??

OP
OP
Quartapound

Quartapound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE="TherealplexiG, post: 3712508, member: 70398"
How do you dose??? And what do you dose??[/QUOTE]

Thanks, good luck with the build! make sure to take lots of pictures along the way and post them someplace safe, it's so awesome looking back after a few years and seeing the progression of the tank.

I dose using a Kamoer 3 channel doser. I dose the bulk products for CA and ALK from BRS. MAG I make sure my waterchange water is at 1350, but I don't dose it.

I like using Aqua Vitro Fuel and TLF Marine Snow sparingly.

I use standard Instant Ocean right now.

OP
OP
Quartapound

Quartapound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... finally skinned my tank stand after like 6 years lol... Better late than never. Still some final touches to do, but pretty happy with it so far

tFAocwP.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reef looks great, and nice job on skinning the stand!

Duraticate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks great. Maybe someday i get there. Pushing 3 years in the hobby always trying for a mixed reef tank. Had a few failures a few light changes. A heater failure. Need a camera to take better pics.

20170603_145703.jpg

OP
OP
Quartapound

Quartapound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay Here's the latest FTS (taken a few minutes ago)... the tank has been somewhat neglected over the summer and I've just let things grow/fight/kill. My dosing tanks ran dry sometime around July probably... I blame it on being consumed by my new hobby(salmon fishing). I'm slowly getting the numbers back to where they should be. test at beginning of the week was 305 CA 5.7 Alk 1120 Mag :eek: ... but... no more cyano!!!!! (now to deal with the bubble algae, sigh)

SiK7wAa.jpg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back