Question on Dosing Pump

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question I was wondering can you dilute Ca, Mg, and Alk in water? The dosing pump is one ml accuracy so instead of dosing 1 ml 10x a day I wanted to dose 1ml 20x a day diluted %50. Will this work or will it ruin the supplements/separate from water?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question I was wondering can you dilute Ca, Mg, and Alk in water? The dosing pump is one ml accuracy so instead of dosing 1 ml 10x a day I wanted to dose 1ml 20x a day diluted %50. Will this work or will it ruin the supplements/separate from water?
I have read some reefer's doing it with RO/DI water.
Their dose is so small, that they want to make an bigger one time dose, but not 20 doses.

OP
OP
Phelipe's Ocean

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read some reefer's doing it with RO/DI water.
There dose is so small, that they want to make an bigger one time dose, but not 20 doses.

Ok I’ll give it a shot with the Red Sea supplements, thanks.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose BRS two part. You dissolve dry soda ash in RODI to make ALK and you dissolve in RODI dry CaCl to make the calcium component. So far I am dosing by hand and I routinely dilute ALK in RODI before tossing it into the tank to reduce the snow ball effect. A solution is a solution. Diluting ten fold should be good.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back