Question on feeding frozen food

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a little tank water and thaw LRS. Every few days add Reef Roids. Hit feed mode on jebao return pump. Make sure food is broken up into small pieces. Pour in tank. All power heads are left on to distribute food. The fish know exactly where I pour the food in and all gather to that one spot. Corals catch the left overs for ten minutes until the return comes back on and then whatever is left goes to the sump. I have a coral banded shrimp down there who enjoys the left overs. Chaeto keeps nutrients next to 0.

Wow, your method and mine are almost 100% identical.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I leave everything on except for the past few weeks I been trying to get a potters angel to eat but once he’s on board everything on I feed mysis brine and reef frenzy right in the middle of the tank and it just goes all over chromis go crazy

mckinney0171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thaw the frozen in a cup or something. i keep mine in the fridge once it thaws and make up enough for 4-5 days. it lasts in the fridge and only starts to stink if i leave it for longer than 5 days. then i kill my pumps, skimmer, and powerheads on my apex feed mode. If you don't have an apex just pull the plugs or turn them off by the powerstrip. Then I syringe the thawed food in and the fish eat directly out of the syringe. There is enough that gets by that even the reluctant feeders will get some.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back