Question on trigger fish

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking for a male for two years. A pair is in the $5k range still... Insanity
All Black Market fish. No legal crosshatch triggers are available. These are indigenous gosh to Hawaii that has been closed for commercial collection for nearly 3 years. It’s crazy that people actually post these fish for sale on the internet. Just a matter of time before the feds come knocking.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All Black Market fish. No legal crosshatch triggers are available. These are indigenous gosh to Hawaii that has been closed for commercial collection for nearly 3 years. It’s crazy that people actually post these fish for sale on the internet. Just a matter of time before the feds come knocking.
I don't understand... You found me a pair last year, I just couldn't afford the 5x higher price.

Are you saying someone who legally owns one pre collection closing, can't sell it?

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand... You found me a pair last year, I just couldn't afford the 5x higher price.

Are you saying someone who legally owns one pre collection closing, can't sell it?
Yes....pre-collection.....if someone wants to sell their fish that they collected before the closure then it's fine, but when I saw the photos of the fish being offered, you can tell immediately that they were fresh and not conditioned as you would see in a fish that's been held and fed for 3 plus years. I ran like hell after I saw that.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crosshatch's have been found in other places than Hawaii just not prolific. The one I was talking about was from somewhere else and they don't collect them until the money flows.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
About how long would that take?
it depends on diet and growth rate of the fish. Triggers in many cases are not fast growing. I had a 2" trigger reach over 4" in about 14 months

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 37 47.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.7%
Back