Questioning if I should use this.

WisconsinReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is about 8 months old, have recently added a bunch of coral, and they seem to be doing fantastic.

A Friend recommended brightwell aquatics coral amino. He says he’s used it for years with no adverse affects. I absolutely trust him but am hyper-sensitive about adding anything in my tank. I don’t dose for anything and haven’t yet.

What are people’s thoughts on it? Worth it? Any risk of negative side affects?

Thanks as always!!

BDB8668D-A8A0-49AB-B09B-C98F70E9DB7D.jpeg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank and corals are doing well try as hard as you can to leave it be.
If you think about adding anything your water changes cant supply be sure you can test for it before dosing.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't add any tonics or potions to my Tank. It's up to you but I would stay clear of them and it makes even more sense since you say the tank is running great.

mikeintoronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use that with every feeding. It’s amino acids. Good stuff. I think BRS maybe did a video.

Rather than broadcast feeding, I put a squirt in with my reefroids. I’ve gotten some really good growth.
When I dosed acropower (amino acids) the colours were amazing but I got a lot of hair algae because I was adding so much. That’s why I only use AAs during feedings instead of broadcast; for control.

Brian Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should at a minimum be testing for Alk, phosphate, calcium and magnesium. Weekly water changes should keep up with trace elements and consumption of alk/cal for a while and then you’ll need to start dosing something like kalkwasser, two part our install a calcium reactor.

OP
OP
WisconsinReefing

WisconsinReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use that with every feeding. It’s amino acids. Good stuff. I think BRS maybe did a video.

Rather than broadcast feeding, I put a squirt in with my reefroids. I’ve gotten some really good growth.
When I dosed acropower (amino acids) the colours were amazing but I got a lot of hair algae because I was adding so much. That’s why I only use AAs during feedings instead of broadcast; for control.

I’m unfamiliar with reef roids, i use reef chili I’m assuming that might be similar. So you dissolve the food in with tank water, add a little in with that and then feed?

mikeintoronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m unfamiliar with reef roids, i use reef chili I’m assuming that might be similar. So you dissolve the food in with tank water, add a little in with that and then feed?
Yes, any coral food. I spot feed my coral. I put food in a jar, add water, add the AAs, and feed each coral with a turkey baster. There are lots of ways; pick a good method that suits your tank.

mikeintoronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I just looked at your history and realized you’re pretty new to the hobby.
I’m going to suggest you NOT follow my advice and forget the aminos for now. Once you’ve ironed out your criticals you can start additives. Aminos can contribute to algae so you might want to make sure you’re over that hump first. Try to keep things simple for now.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t feed my corals and they all do well. Fish poop can be enough.

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should at a minimum be testing for Alk, phosphate, calcium and magnesium. Weekly water changes should keep up with trace elements and consumption of alk/cal for a while and then you’ll need to start dosing something like kalkwasser, two part our install a calcium reactor.
Solid advise

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If doing fantastic than don’t do anything. Got you ask yourself why ?? I just did a little thing to my tank and have 2 corals fading. Not saying the product is bad at all, it is that every rank is different and sometimes a little change can cause a chain reaction that never would have expected.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you feel your tank is doing well, why mess with it? On the other had CoralAmino is great stuff. WWC uses it on all their tanks, others will tell you also it is a booster for corals. I dose 5ml in m65 gal tank & 10 ml in my 120 gal weekly via my ATOs and corals are looking fat & happy since doing it.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 42 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back