Radio G15 Pro x 2 over 48’

Frenzel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody running this setup and done a PAR test? BRS BS provided setup for two lights on LPS as ideal, but surely you can make it work with only 2 X xr15’s at a higher intensity to grow some sps!!?

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 4x2x2 and I run 4 XR15 Gen5 Pros for my mixed reef. Here's my setup and review:

brandon0921

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody running this setup and done a PAR test? BRS BS provided setup for two lights on LPS as ideal, but surely you can make it work with only 2 X xr15’s at a higher intensity to grow some sps!!?
youre gonna have lots of shadowing. I'm running 3x xr30 with diffusers over a 48" tank. With 2 XR-30 I had lots of dark spots. The 15's provide roughly half a 30.

OP
OP
F

Frenzel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I have the lights already and know of shadowing etc, but really just wondering if any body had done a PAR test with just two pushing the intensity sliders up.

Am just trying to get a basic idea without spending the money on a decent PAR meter for around $AUD 500 as no rental possibilities.

Will go hybrid to counter the shadowing which isn’t too much of an issue yet, but even then would want to measure PAR so I’m resigned to spending the money at some point on a meter.

Looks like the prudent thing is to just pony up now and buy once cry once. Been so many teary moments already though.

brandon0921

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I have the lights already and know of shadowing etc, but really just wondering if any body had done a PAR test with just two pushing the intensity sliders up.

Am just trying to get a basic idea without spending the money on a decent PAR meter for around $AUD 500 as no rental possibilities.

Will go hybrid to counter the shadowing which isn’t too much of an issue yet, but even then would want to measure PAR so I’m resigned to spending the money at some point on a meter.

Looks like the prudent thing is to just pony up now and buy once cry once. Been so many teary moments already though.
I put off from buying one for a while. Got tired of asking to borrow all the time and bought one used when I saw a deal come up. Definitely a worthy investment, comes in handy more often than you would think.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back