RAP Recap: Deltec Quality

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I was at RAP Orlando this past weekend, I was able to look at a lot of corals and a lot of hardware. A few things caught my eye such as the Hydros Maven (but that is another thread). Another thing was the quality of all of the products that were being showcased by Deltec. It wasn't that they had any new or different gear (skimmers, reactors, filter rollers, etc.), but rather all of the equipment was well thought out and built with quality. I spent some time talking with one of their reps and they pointed out a ton of little details that demonstrated quality. What is your experience with Deltec? If you haven't given them a serious look then it may be time to at least consider Deltec with your next equipment purchase.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought the Deltec twin Tech CRTT 1500 Auto Calcium Reactor to replace the Aquarium Engineering Auto reactor I have. I tried numerous times to get it to run stable and could never get it to keep the Alkalinity where I wanted. It would work for a couple days and then the Alkalinity would spike. After 4 different times over a couple of years It's now a paper weight in my Basement.

OP
OP
Peace River

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought the Deltec twin Tech CRTT 1500 Auto Calcium Reactor to replace the Aquarium Engineering Auto reactor I have. I tried numerous times to get it to run stable and could never get it to keep the Alkalinity where I wanted. It would work for a couple days and then the Alkalinity would spike. After 4 different times over a couple of years It's now a paper weight in my Basement.

Wow. I hate that for you. Never with Deltec equipment, but I have a few paperweights as well. Did you ever reach out to Deltec for support?

OP
OP
Peace River

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wholeheartedly believe you, but otoh with that brand quality will cost you

True Tv Land GIF by YoungerTV

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a Deltec skimmer. Basically set and forget since day 1. As you say well thought out and quality made. But as DocGori says ain’t cheap. But this could be a good example of you get what you pay for.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow. I hate that for you. Never with Deltec equipment, but I have a few paperweights as well. Did you ever reach out to Deltec for support?
I did have problems that they were helpful with, Like I broke one of the cylinders and they sent a new one but other than that they were not any help with the running directions. In fact there is very little instruction help any where on these reactors.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 33 21.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back