Red Hornets

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok since a wasnt around when the discussion of the Red hornet pop
I want this post to stay clean so people could ask questions
this is a non comercial post only question regarding colors, growth ,flow and lighting so others could learn
Please! keep it clean; Everybody knows now were to get them from. There is a vendor in this forum
No ebay links when you post ebay links your just Comercializing them thats what they want.
I know they are taking advantage of anyone thats doesnt now about the price they are going for
Just get the best for your money

Ok regarding the last question on the colors

Colors = on the zoa is purple polyp with a pink ring in the centerwith a white mouth and an orange outside

The purple polyp is very similar to purple hornets i could compare cause i got both

Growth = it has a pretty decent growth i have mine since mid October and it strech out already i think its forming 2 more polyps

Flow = I have my polyp in medium flow

Will post new pics later
Here is the polyp when I got it

yeiraspictures116.jpg

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what type of lighting do you have it under? My blue hornets are in the lower/middle half of my 28g and seem to like it.

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have T5 But its gets direct light from my DIY LED bar and its placed on the sand of my 75 gal tank

Mitsuko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get some pics of the actual true colors and a full view of the polyp. No one seems to want to share that point of view, that's why I ask. I've seen the above pic multiple times...and everyone knows that frag disks are white. If you'd like to set everything straight lets see some better pics.

colbrunn123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine under 2X250 HQI 14,000K hamilton blue bulbs.Looks better in person.I just have a bad camera,and bad skills.LOL

Reef 5etup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get some pics of the actual true colors and a full view of the polyp. No one seems to want to share that point of view, that's why I ask. I've seen the above pic multiple times...and everyone knows that frag disks are white. If you'd like to set everything straight lets see some better pics.
I posted one in the other thread red hornets! take a look:bigsmile: its up in close! As you can see i only run 250w 20k no supplements so you see the real color:)

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Iam going to get pics my wife is making me put the christmas tree
so im sneeking back and forth :tongue:

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont understand what you are asking? frag plugs don't stay white. and all these people are posting different pictures of their red hornets. I don't understand what is so hard to believe that there can be another deviation from the Purple Hornets.

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm once again this thread is very close to getting off topic..and IMHO I really don't see a difference btw the Red paly picture and the ones that's been posted of the red hornets except for the red paly frag square is clean and the above picture of the hornet(colbrun's)looks like it's been in the tank for a while...

Last edited:
OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the best I could get

T5 full lights

yeiraspictures160.jpg

T5 ATI Blue plus and LEDs

yeiraspictures162.jpg

I just hope they growas fast as my purple hornets

yeiraspictures144.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back