Red porphyridium cruentum

ReefLegends

For all your phyto, rotifer and copepods needs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Same as the others. You want it more brackish if you’re getting it from another source ask them what salinity it’s grown in. I grow my porph at 1.020 and use fritz.

Here is an Instagram clip for a week of growth and the water movement I provide.

Battle of the reds

fryman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Porphyridium from carolina.com and grow at full salinity (35ppt), 23C, using f/2 from Florida Aqua farms. I use LED grow lights. It's in the reactor on the far right:
1000003323.jpg

It can be refridgerated so I strongly recommend keeping a backup in the fridge (3-5C). I pull a new backup at least once a month.

OP
OP
gengar800

gengar800

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Porphyridium from carolina.com and grow at full salinity (35ppt), 23C, using f/2 from Florida Aqua farms. I use LED grow lights. It's in the reactor on the far right:
1000003323.jpg

It can be refridgerated so I strongly recommend keeping a backup in the fridge (3-5C). I pull a new backup at least once a month.
Can i ask, do you put it into a dosing pump and go straight to your tank

fryman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can i ask, do you put it into a dosing pump and go straight to your tank
I do not feed directly from the reactors, if that's what you mean. I harvest every 6-7 days and feed some of this mix to my display with flame scallops, using a doser. Some I feed to zooplakton cultures (copepods, rotifers, and artemia).

OP
OP
gengar800

gengar800

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not feed directly from the reactors, if that's what you mean. I harvest every 6-7 days and feed some of this mix to my display with flame scallops, using a doser. Some I feed to zooplakton cultures (copepods, rotifers, and artemia).
Can i message you about the artemia, i got lots of nanno and tet in my fridge, i want to give it a try

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back