Red Sea a Reef Energy Dosing Questions

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope not. I use the filter pads but not the carbon. They say they don't remove trace elements. I would think once the enzymes create their reaction it couldn't be removed.

I'll try to contact Red Sea on social media and see if we can get an answer for that!

BluTang85

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
it states on the bottle that you can mix both together if hooking up to a dos. How are you to keep refrigerated if its in the stand.

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put mine on a doser. Bugger keeping it cold. The tube into the bottle is so tight no air can get to it, so what's the diff from being warm unopened? I have seen definite improvement in my SPS, much deeper color, but a little cyano also. I'm dosing 1ml, 8 times per day into 500l. My next trick is to mix these half and half into one bottle. Wonder if they settle out?

ruth howard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We manually dose 8 ml each once a week the night before a water change. We unplug the skimmer and leave it off all night. Our Tunze skimmer will overfoam even a few hours after dosing. Our tank is 93 gallons.

BluTang85

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just put mine on a doser. Bugger keeping it cold. The tube into the bottle is so tight no air can get to it, so what's the diff from being warm unopened? I have seen definite improvement in my SPS, much deeper color, but a little cyano also. I'm dosing 1ml, 8 times per day into 500l. My next trick is to mix these half and half into one bottle. Wonder if they settle out?
I have them mixed in one container and dosing, I just started this so not sure how the results will be

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
id save your money. I had zero nitrate and phos for a long time and my sps all got super light in color. I dosed reef energy for almost 2months and never had one bit of nitrate or phosphate show up and sps never colored up.
I switch to dosing nitrate and phosphate MUCH cheaper to make and within a week my SPS started to gain its color back.

John campanella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I dose in the morning and leave the skimmer off for a half the day and pumps off for a hour or so i feed with the pumps off then dose

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dosing the A and B to at 2.5ml very day to my 75g reef. I have 0.00 no3 and 0.04-0.00 po4. Most of my sps have had pale or brown color. I have started to see colors getting richer especially in my montipora and the acropora seem to slowly improving. Since all I have done different is start dosing the A and B daily I can conclude it is helping with the health and color of my corals. I have seen some cyano and brown diatoms from dosing but I am just leaving it be and the system should find a balance. If not I will hit the tank with Cyano Rx if it gets too bad, for now its not an issue. I did not know to put the product in the fridge after opening and it sat in my stand for several weeks until I read the packaging more. I have since kept it the fridge as directed and had no issues. I think I will be switch from the Red Sea to Acro Power and Reef Roids to feed my corals due to cost. We will see how that goes and if the same trend continues.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back