Red Sea Eightline Wrasse

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to my LFS today just to see what was going on and i got a superb deal. They had just recieved one of these in an order as a random wrasse and i was able to purchase it for around 50 bucks. In the bag acclimating to my system temp gonna take a few pics in a bit.

In the bag shot....

Last edited:

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be careful with 8 lines. They are known to terrorize other fish like no other.

OP
OP
Pitcom

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be careful with 8 lines. They are known to terrorize other fish like no other.

This is the red sea eightline flasher wrasse. They are very peaceful.

From a source "Endemic to the Red Sea, Paracheilinus octotaenia</EM> is the largest member of this group of small reef safe fishes. Its full bodied appearance is easily mistaken for a member of the genus Cirrhilabrus. Also known as The Red Sea Flasher wrasse. Not to be confused with the similarly named but more aggressive Pseudocheilinus octotaenia. Average size is about 2"-4". Grab these fish immediately when available because they're few and far between and never plentiful.

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 line flashers are the most aggressive out of the bunch and can be quite nasty i have kept a couple and the male was very aggerssive..was right up there with whipfin,finespotted and scott's fairy wrasses

OP
OP
Pitcom

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know what eightlines you guys are talking about but this is a peaceful fish. Either you just had bad luck with yours or your thinking of the plain old eighline wrasse which is a completely different fish.

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am talking about the red sea eightline flasher wrasse..and i guess everyfish can be different i have had scotts that was the most peaceful fish in the tank..but most of the time the eightline flashers can be pretty nasty..now i have never kept an eighline in the pseudocheilinus family but from what i hear they are even worse..i have kept an eightline that was very peaceful so i am not saying that all are like that..anyways they are very pretty fish and my 2nd favorite flasher out there and if it is a male for $50 that is a nice deal..can't wait to see the pics

OP
OP
Pitcom

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic.

She overcame her shyness and has been out and about the last 2 days. She's in my smaller tank until the new tank is done. I'm definately gonna get another so i can have a pair.

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks nice..a pair would look very nice..i am on the hunt for a pair right now..hope to get it in a few weeks

cl2ysta1

I
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
newfish032.jpg

this was him he rocked

OP
OP
Pitcom

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some new pics, and i also moved the wrasse to my main tank with my flame wrasse pair. It was a tough call at first, the female flame wrasse went after her like crazy for a couple days but everything has settled down and the 8 line has her own little nook of the tank. You can see a little section of the tail missing from the assualt.

Last edited:

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they can be pretty nasty for flashers..mine is pretty calm..i have seen it go after the lubbocks every now and then but that has stopped...he did take out one of my cleaner shrimps though

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back