Red Sea Reefer 3XL 900 FOWLR Dream Build - Lots of pics.

Bwow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them. I didn't waist an AC outlet on the EB832, they are connected with the AquaBus connector.
They are very adjustable with the Apex. I have them set at 16% on feed mode and 85% when on. That seems to be good. I do not see a need for flow meters. Happy so far.
Hey! I just got the same tank and 2 cor 20 pumps.. How did you get to keep them both at 85% each? Mine at 42% each are emptying the return chamber and I don't have enough flow to keep the chamber with water in :O
Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Hey! I just got the same tank and 2 cor 20 pumps.. How did you get to keep them both at 85% each? Mine at 42% each are emptying the return chamber and I don't have enough flow to keep the chamber with water in :O
Why dont you add saltwater to the return chamber when at 85% ?

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only keep my cors at a max of 33% for my 3xl900

Bwow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why dont you add saltwater to the return chamber when at 85% ?
Because, adding water could overflow during a power outage? Maybe I'm wrong?

PXL_20221031_024249969.MP.jpg PXL_20221031_024233738.jpg PXL_20221031_024259729.jpg

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure. Cranked mine up to 100% Crank the gate valve all the way open.

Bwow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure. Cranked mine up to 100% Crank the gate valve all the way open.
I managed to get mine to 55% each and is kind of ok, but my lls tells a different story.. every time it goes below 5" it sets the pump to 33%

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221120-103003.png
    Screenshot_20221120-103003.png
    157.2 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lame. glad I never got any. for the price tag of nepthune gear you would think it would last longer.

replace it with a jebao pump. or get a few extra power supplies.

other than that hows the tank?
Its all good. The new power supply they sell is 100w instead of 80 so maybe that fixes it.

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea recently rolled out their new Sicce-manufactured pumps.
I like the Cor 20s. Just have bad power supplys. Hopefully the new one corrects the problem. The new power supply is 100 w vs 80 w.

Th new Red Sea ATO-Temp Probe-Leak Detector looks cool as well.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Cor 20s. Just have bad power supplys. Hopefully the new one corrects the problem. The new power supply is 100 w vs 80 w.

Th new Red Sea ATO-Temp Probe-Leak Detector looks cool as well.

it's nice to see innovation with RS as long as they keep releasing quality things like there dosers i see good things ahead form them as long as they dont push out buggy stuff. wounder what will be next? would nice to have a quality control-able power strip.

how are the fish? what 's the latest count?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's nice to see innovation with RS as long as they keep releasing quality things like there dosers i see good things ahead form them as long as they dont push out buggy stuff. wounder what will be next? would nice to have a quality control-able power strip.
I'd heard they were working on a line of return pumps; the upgraded skimmers and ATO were a complete surprise. Maybe a ReefLED upgrade?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because, adding water could overflow during a power outage? Maybe I'm wrong?
You should simulate a complete power outage to ensure your sump doesn't overflow. Unless you have the water level in your sump set unusually high, there typically isn't enough water to cause an overflow when it drains back.

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

how are the fish? what 's the latest count?
I lost interest a little bit. My Reefer 250 Reef tank is on auto pilot kind of. Haven't changed any water in over a year. I just barley keep up with maintenance, but it is gorgeous and flourishing. I actually had my LFS come out and spend about 2 hours here on FOWLR doing tedious stuff that really got me back in shape. Thanks Salty Fish Aquariums... Well worth it.

Fish are doing good. I lost my Red Fairy wrasse. The 16 left I have had for about 2 years. Going to add several this weekend if I can find what I want.

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd heard they were working on a line of return pumps; the upgraded skimmers and ATO were a complete surprise. Maybe a ReefLED upgrade?
Pumps are Sicce so you cant go wrong there. Very reliable.

And keeping the skimmer from over flow is a plus for sure...

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost interest a little bit. My Reefer 250 Reef tank is on auto pilot kind of. Haven't changed any water in over a year. I just barley keep up with maintenance, but it is gorgeous and flourishing. I actually had my LFS come out and spend about 2 hours here on FOWLR doing tedious stuff that really got me back in shape. Thanks Salty Fish Aquariums... Well worth it.

Fish are doing good. I lost my Red Fairy wrasse. The 16 left I have had for about 2 years. Going to add several this weekend if I can find what I want.

its always nice to have other do the jobs we dont want to...now that it's all shinny and clean the mod whats a new video. so we can drool. haha

sorry about the fairy wrasse i believe they dont live that long anyway, or it that the flashers. I cant recall right now.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back