Red Sea ReefWave - can you adjust direction - anyone mounting them vertically along the overflow...?

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone mounting their Red Sea ReefWaves vertically along the overflow...?

Can the flow direction be adjusted 90 degrees?

Can the 2 sides flow direction be adjusted independently? Can you also adjust (in the controller) different speeds for the 2 sides?

ReefWave Installation 1.png

ReefWave Installation 2.png

OP
OP
salty150

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, thanks!

After reading the manual - you can adjust the flow 360 degrees...

However, it doesn't look like you can have different speed setting on different sides - or in this case of vertical placement - different speeds for top and bottom (one for a higher flow on top and one for a lower flow for the bottom to not kick up the sand, etc.)

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, thanks!

After reading the manual - you can adjust the flow 360 degrees...

However, it doesn't look like you can have different speed setting on different sides - or in this case of vertical placement - different speeds for top and bottom (one for a higher flow on top and one for a lower flow for the bottom to not kick up the sand, etc.)
The sides of the powerhead are connected to one central motor, so there's no way to independently adjust their speeds.

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one in mine- you can adjust the flow vertically on either side independently, but not the speed on each side independently.

I like the flow provided when you vertically mount it on the overflow, but it is a powerful gyre and if you have fine substrate it will be blown around- I find that side mounting option is better if you have large substrate, bare bottom, or crushed coral. Fiji pink or anything similar is going to create bare bottom divots on your corners.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back