Redwings vs Blackhawks

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't watch Game 1, but a 5-2 final is not a good thing for Chicago! Nor is losing the season series to the Wings 4 games to 2....

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The first Period was intense........but Wings pretty much dominated them on the Ice from there on out.

Wings in 5!!

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the 5th goal was a open netter and the game was pretty close only four goals out 42 shots isnt bad, problem was they didnt play toews and kane as much because they were worried about match ups. Blackhawks scored the first goal and tied it up at 2 in the third period.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the 5th goal was a open netter and the game was pretty close only four goals out 42 shots isnt bad, problem was they didnt play toews and kane as much because they were worried about match ups. Blackhawks scored the first goal and tied it up at 2 in the third period.

First off, that first goal was a fluke dumb weak butt mistake that will NOT happen again.

Secondly, Blackhawks are 0/4 in the last 4 games with Detroit, doesnt look good for Chicago when you pit Boyz vs. Men.

bheld1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Wings have way too much experience to lose...Chicago is young and fast but this isn't going to be a stanley cup year for them. I wouldn't be shocked if Detroit were to sweep this series but chicago could pull a surprise or 2

I'll go with wings in 5 like everyone else

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, that first goal was a fluke dumb weak butt mistake that will NOT happen again.

Secondly, Blackhawks are 0/4 in the last 4 games with Detroit, doesnt look good for Chicago when you pit Boyz vs. Men.

Just because its a fluke, a goal is a goal. It still appears on the scoreboard does it not? Most the players are too young to even grow playoff beards and most of the team this is their first playoffs. Obviously they arent doing too ba being in the Conference finals, or was it a fluke they got that far?

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just don't see how Blackhawks > Redwings. Faster, and younger maybe....but Greater? Nah, not hearing that!

"Most the players are too young to even grow playoff beards and most of the team this is their first playoffs."

Yup you pretty much firmed up what I said previously.....Boys vs. Men!

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hawks looked like the monkey in the middle for 2/3 of the game or more. Kane had zero shots on goal. lol Toews had 3 but nothing until the 3rd period. The Hawks are young and talented. Quick as all get out. However they seem to want to run and gun and that spells disaster for them against the Wings. The Wings will pick them apart as evidenced by all the odd man rushes yesterday.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
redwings.jpg

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wishful thinking...

Whens the last time Chicago won a cup?

The wings? Oh yeah....last year....

We already beat the toughest opponent....The Ducks...

bheld1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't forget '97 '98 and '02.....but to be fair, chicago did win it last in 1961...:)

ReeferGoalie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We already beat the toughest opponent

Why does everyone say "we" about their team, like you're doing something on the ice? Ever notice it's "we" when they're winning, but "them" when you're losing?

Does anyone here actually play hockey?

I'm also a Hawks fan, but I don't see them winning this series. They'll be a force for the next few years though.

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why does everyone say "we" about their team, like you're doing something on the ice? Ever notice it's "we" when they're winning, but "them" when you're losing?

I'm also a Hawks fan, but I don't see them winning this series. They'll be a force for the next few years though.

I hate my boss and partner using 'we' when they do nothing and things go well, but 'you' when things go bad. However, in sports, I think 'we' is valid. Have you ever heard of 'Home Ice Advantage'?

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Chicago where hockey is the #4 sport it's "them". In Detroit where hockey is the #1 sport it's "we". Michigan is a huge hockey state which produces alot of NHL players. There are rinks and ponds all over. Alot of us grew up playing the game. You will find more educated fans in this market than in say...Pittsburgh. They actually think Crosby is gonna carry them to the cup. :snicker: At least you know the Hawks don't stand a chance.:snicker:

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back