Redwings vs Blackhawks

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the last time i checked WE are the ones paying for tickets, and watching their games. Which gets THEM paid. So, yeah, i would say WE have a lot to do with them. And when WE cheer so loud the other team cant think straight....

But now WE are just getting petty...

Let me re work that one....The Wings will crush the hawks, penguins, ducks, or any other birds that get in THEIR way:tongue:

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got home from the game. The building was electric. There were quite a few Hawks fans there. I kept handing them pom poms when the Wings scored. They left with their tails tucked. This series will be over in 5 games at best. GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There really is nobody left in the playoffs that can beat them in a 7 game series. On to the cup!

ReeferGoalie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hawks really needed to win that second game. Would have made for a much more interesting series being tied 1-1 heading into Chicago. Still plenty of games left. :tongue:

Does anyone here actually play hockey?

This was an actual question. Here in WI, hockey is mostly an afterthought. I was born and grew up in Toronto though, so for me it's still at the top as far as professional sports go. I played last season with a local semi-pro team....tons of fun!

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I played hockey while growing up until Sophmore year of high school... I have to say that Samuelssons OT goal was one of the finest, and best set-up OT goals I've ever seen... perfectly orchestrated.

ReeferGoalie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only got to listen to the last couple minutes on nhl.com's radio broadcast, but it would have been a fun game to watch. Our other goalie on our team is from MI and has some connections...he was at the game, and will be going to Friday night's game as well. Me? I'll be sitting at my parent's house, babysitting their dogs while they're out of town! But at least they have cable!

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Played a few years while I was in middle school growing up....and a TON of pond, and street hockey as well!

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Played pond hockey through my whole childhood and then started playing drop-in as a teenager pretty regularly. Now I am too old and brittle. lol

MSU Fan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fred...always stirring up trouble... :D

It is we, just as the fans of the Packers say "we" as well. :)

I grew up playing pond, roller, and ice hockey near Detroit, and that is my team forever. I hope that the Pens give a better fight than last year, but I still don't see the same caliber of team play that the Wings are giving both against Anaheim and now the Blackhawks...

GO WINGS!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. The Pens look better than they are because of the lack of quality opponents. They struggled against the Caps and they are a 1 line team. I don't see Malkin and Crosby running around against the Wings the way they have weaker teams in the East. The Wings will simply need to limit them to win the series. Who do the Pens have that will shut down Zetterberg, Hossa, Franzen, Hudler, Filipula, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Cleary, Samuellson, ect.....? Nobody. Not to mention Lidstrom will likely be back rested. Although not playing tonight both Lidstrom and Datsyuk took the morning skate today. With Lidstrom and Rafalski quarterbacking the power-play they are very dangerous. From what I can see the Wings are one of the few teams that haven't been struck by the disease of parity. The rest of the league is getting watered down in the new Gary Bettman NHL. Lots of 1 line teams playing mediocre hockey passing as greatness. Wings in 6. In another couple of years the Wings will get burned by the salary cap and start losing players that they spent years developing within their system. Fans in places like Pittsburgh think the cap is good for hockey. Wait until they win a cup and become the farm system for teams like Atlanta. Unable to hold on to their multi year investments.

quote=MSU Fan;243145]Fred...always stirring up trouble... :D

It is we, just as the fans of the Packers say "we" as well. :)

I grew up playing pond, roller, and ice hockey near Detroit, and that is my team forever. I hope that the Pens give a better fight than last year, but I still don't see the same caliber of team play that the Wings are giving both against Anaheim and now the Blackhawks...

GO WINGS!!![/quote]

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NEXT..............How many teams can lose Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Draper, Erickson and Kopecky and still win the conference final?

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They said Erickson for sure Saturday. Datsyuk and Lidstrom skated today so thats a good sign. Drapes has a groin pull. Thats bad. Kopecky need surgery. out.

Hope they are good for the Finals though....we're gonna need em'

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 76 48.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back