Reef Aquarium Fact #151 Mr Clean Magic erasers makes cleaning glass easy INSIDE and OUT.

Sealion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Home Depot here in Broomfield CO has the best price for a box of 4.

TankRazr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fact [HASHTAG]#151[/HASHTAG] - True

I maintain tanks for a living and this is a must have item. I have been using them for well over a decade with no ill effects.

I use them on (in) both glass and acrylic tanks.

For large tanks using 3/4" thick acrylic I carefully slice a standard size ME into four slices which are then utilized with an Algae Free tigershark magnet.

For use on tanks that I can reach in, I then cut in half the four slices creating 8 equal sized square pads.

These are excellent for carefully cleaning the silicone corners of tanks as well which we all may have inadvertently hacked up at one time or another by other various methods of cleaning.

These are a game changer, use with confidence, you will never look back.

TR

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hated my acrylic tank before using this. Magic eraser for most everything and a credit card for the coraline and snail eggs is all you need.

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one for inside and out. Inside is great it captures and hold the algea.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some mineral haze crap on my front panel that I cant' get rid of. I just pickedup magic eraser and came on R2R to make sure its Reefsafe. My tanks only 8 month I can't take this haze in the front panel - I know I can't be the only one with this problem! I clean my glass every other day with a flipper and my sand line with a blade! I've never experienced haze on glass tank before until this one. Only thing different is this is my first Starphire glass tank!

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am looking for something to remove the residue left behind from coraline.. not think but thin layers.. will this work any better than a razoer glade.. i have some real stubborn algea.. thanks

in fact i was searching how to strap magnetic clear like a shark to my drill.. ?

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Combination of razor and magix eraser will get it spotless, but if there is a decent buildup of dried coraline, the magic eraser will just shred.

Laying the tank on its side and soaking with vinegar for a few hours, or longer, should help soften it up.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep... ok.. so here is what i have found.. i tried the drill with attachments and magnets to really work the inside.. as suspect it it is off center it will fly off... which for a glass tank is not a good idea.. scratch that. mixing a bunch of razor blade attachments ect.. does not work... so the tunze blades ... razor blades... got the hard coralline off... what was left is the micro coraline algea on the glass.. the stuff that after a year or so leaves a dull appearance in the glass ... i am working on the back of the tank which is clear also.....

Step two.. the magic eraser... i sliced it into thin pieces and put it between some strong magnets... which worked pretty well.. had to use a lot of elbow grease and sweat but it dot the remaining green off the glass... the glass is still etched like .. dull but not really noticeable.. i have to say... i put some other more rough like pads between the magnets and that did not work... did not think a smooth like material like the magic would work.. wrong.. definitely helped... use it as a final polish piece to clean... thanks all

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
by the way.. i am speaking of cleaning of tank while set up.. no option of using vinegar...

Glenn Etchart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of getting 100 gallon clear for life Acrylic tank but want to be sure I can clean without scratching? Will the original Mr Clean erasers work great or not?

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. Clean originals I slice them in half so they are skinner. put them betweem the magnets and they work nicely to remove the stubborn issues. This is no glass.

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tried this today, works great getting the difficult algae crud inside my acrylic tank.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep they work great.. and my fish love them too.. yep my angels are pretty comfortable around on lookers and if the piece falls from between the magnet and the glass the nip it like its a sponge. I am pretty sure my scribble and digested a piece or two.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 40 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back