Reef Crystals/ Petsmart Discount

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was looking online to see if a Petsmart near me had Reef Crystals in stock. I only have a 40B, so i usually only by the 15lb bag.

Well...low and behold online said my local Petsmart (Melbourne FL) had the 5 gallon bucket, the 44.8lb one at a huge discount...half off.

Instead of $89.99 it was listed online at $39.99....I couldn't believe such a deal.

Of course at checkout it rang up for $89.99. I showed the cashier my phone and showed her I added it to my cart for checkout.

She had to verify it on the company website on her phone, and sure enough, $39.99

She said they sometimes have to price match themselves...lol.

But for any of you that use Reef Crystals and have a Petsmart in your area...I would take massive advantage of this.

I believe @vetteguy53081 said he got an email about a price increase on it come mid January...so Heads up fellow Reefers!!

Screenshot_20230112_202334_Chrome.jpg

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
So I was looking online to see if a Petsmart near me had Reef Crystals in stock. I only have a 40B, so i usually only by the 15lb bag.

Well...low and behold online said my local Petsmart (Melbourne FL) had the 5 gallon bucket, the 44.8lb one at a huge discount...half off.

Instead of $89.99 it was listed online at $39.99....I couldn't believe such a deal.

Of course at checkout it rang up for $89.99. I showed the cashier my phone and showed her I added it to my cart for checkout.

She had to verify it on the company website on her phone, and sure enough, $39.99

But for any of you that use Reef Crystals and have a Petsmart in your area...I would take massive advantage of this.

I believe @vetteguy53081 said he got an email about a price increase on it come mid January...so Heads up fellow Reefers!!

L

I saw the deal im really thinking about doing it I’d be set for a very long time lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Great to hear. Its Monday the increase takes effect.

OP
OP
Roatan Reef

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
L

I saw the deal im really thinking about doing it I’d be set for a very long time lol
That was my thought...for a 40B...heck Yes! I'm gonna be good for a minute!!
20230112_204914.jpg

Moomee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up, I was able to place an order for 2 buckets of RC for $64 shipped to my door lol!

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'll tell you what though guys. I've been using rc for close to a decade now. The main salt supplier for IO brand price went on up the box close to 30 percent this passed month.

I would buy up as much as you could because I almost can guarantee rc will be close to 90 bucks a box or 15 to 20 bucks more then what your normally paying for it

OP
OP
Roatan Reef

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Roatan Reef my local PetSmart is also the Melbourne one thanks for heads up, don’t take them all!
Lol...the wife just Said...how come you didn't buy 2? So already planning, but I think Viera location has 1 or 2 as well, so between you and me....will will buy them out!! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
Roatan Reef

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll tell you what though guys. I've been using rc for close to a decade now. The main salt supplier for IO brand price went on up the box close to 30 percent this passed month.

I would buy up as much as you could because I almost can guarantee rc will be close to 90 bucks a box or 15 to 20 bucks more then what your normally paying for it
Agreed...that's what @vetteguy53081 has been saying, so thought I would share for a heads up.

Heck If I get 2 5 gallon buckets, I'd be set for almost 2 years in a 40B!

OP
OP
Roatan Reef

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did that go okay? I did a couple 20% water changes to introduce IO and montipora freaked out, only time it’s been brown. I gave the rest to a FOWLR friend and switched back to rc
Yep, I have seen the best coral growth with RC since switching 6 months ago!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Agreed...that's what @vetteguy53081 has been saying, so thought I would share for a heads up.

Heck If I get 2 5 gallon buckets, I'd be set for almost 2 years in a 40B!
Try a 400g and I will setting up a 1500g hopefully summer if home repairs are done in a timely fashion

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back