Reef Dreams 2019!

FishingLovingSons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IT’S BAAACCCCKKKKKK! Head sponsor is Fritz Aquatics this year; looks like a great vendor lineup. I did not go last year as I was just starting to research SW tanks at that time. 3-3.5 hour drive but hey, it IS Charleston!

https://reefdreams.net/

I will be attending; who’s coming with me?!
upload_2018-11-7_7-32-54.gif

@revhtree are you setting up again this year? Would be very nice to meet you sir!

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y’all in the East and West Coasts get all the cool shows. lol

OP
OP
FishingLovingSons

FishingLovingSons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y’all in the East and West Coasts get all the cool shows. lol
I’ll be completely honest, this will be my first show! I know it will be nothing like Reef-a-palooza or similar but still appears legit and nice. Peeps who went last year seemed to enjoy it!

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I are looking at driving down for the weekend from VA. Does anyone know if the vendors will ship or do you normally have to take the corals with you? It’s almost a 7 hour drive and we wouldn’t leave till the next day. This would be our first show was well hopefully we get to go.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still at a loss as to why we have to pay to get into something that is captive advertising.

This will always baffle me.

I worked in the C store industry, medical, health and restaurant and this is the only industry I have been involved in where you pay to get into trade shows. And, yes, all of them had paid speakers and symposiums. And lot and lots of give aways and drawings. Most of the time, free banquet as well.

docwells

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be my first show! Just curious, is it better to bring cash or card??
Coming from Wilmington as well @docwells

From the shows I have been to, vendors take both cards and cash. I usually try to pay with cash as it seems I can sometimes work out a few better deals with cash, but just my experience.
Maybe I will run into you at the show. since we are both from Wilmington. I am mainly into sps.

Rhydder_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the shows I have been to, vendors take both cards and cash. I usually try to pay with cash as it seems I can sometimes work out a few better deals with cash, but just my experience.
Maybe I will run into you at the show. since we are both from Wilmington. I am mainly into sps.
I was thinking cash just for that reason. Hope to run into you as well. I too am a stick head!! Are you on the Wilmington NC reefer Facebook page?

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I are coming down from VA for it. This will be our first show as well. Got a 40 cube I gotta start stocking.

Victor Bowman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I are also coming down a couple days early (also from VA) to spend some time in the area since we have never been to Charleston. We went to Reefapalooza in NJ last year and the drive home took around 8 hours with stops. We filled 2 large coolers with corals and livestock(Nem) that we bought from the show. Everything made it. Corals and fish travel a lot farther just to get to the U.S. so a 7 hour road trip in a cooler is not a big deal. No worries. I take a bucket of salt water, some containers with lids in case a vendors bag leaks, and a couple different sized coolers so I can fit all the bags in snug. The temperature in the car or in my case, the truck is fine (70ish) but I would think the trunk might be too cold this time of year or too hot in the summer.
Important Note: Styrofoam coolers are great but will drive you mad with the squeaking!!!!!!!!!

leroy_jenkinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still at a loss as to why we have to pay to get into something that is captive advertising.

This will always baffle me.

I worked in the C store industry, medical, health and restaurant and this is the only industry I have been involved in where you pay to get into trade shows. And, yes, all of them had paid speakers and symposiums. And lot and lots of give aways and drawings. Most of the time, free banquet as well.

I have paid to get into gun and knife shows so this isn’t the only industry that does it. And most of these things have to rent the space to host this so they have a cost to pay and run these things. Its 10$ which is nothing in this hobby.

OP
OP
FishingLovingSons

FishingLovingSons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heading down from Charlotte; brother-in-law lived in Charleston for years so bringing him with me. Depending on construction traffic on I-26 (and there always is lol) take us about 3-3.5 hours to get there. Of course we're going down Friday night; Charleston bars are legit!

NanoJimmy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See everybody there! Heading from Atlanta, GA today. Never been to Charleston, but I'm sure I can get into some shenanigans

Birddog

Hooked on Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped in to JKR’s yesterday... sounds like there’s more interest in this 2nd year of Reef Dreams with greater numbers of presold tickets. I thought there were a decent number of reefers last year. Hope I can beat all you stick heads to the couple of acros I’m looking for.:)

See you tomorrow!

Ammocan

Still Unknown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering why all of the folks working in the show have fist fulls of raffle tickets and waiting for numbers to be called?
SMH

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back