Reef octopus ozone generator

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys. I have a reef octopus 150 not classic. Want to run ozone on it. Plan is to use a t valve right at the Venturi and out the ozone on that. Desiccant to ozone (Poseidon 200) to Venturi.
I already have a co2 scrubber on it too.
picture for t valve example.
Any problems for seen with this?

IMG_3417.png

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Different skimmer, but I run the ozone into the top outlet on the silencer. I think a T-valve should work (assuming you plan to feed both the ozone and Co2 lines into the same outlet on the silencer?)

OP
OP
L

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Different skimmer, but I run the ozone into the top outlet on the silencer. I think a T-valve should work (assuming you plan to feed both the ozone and Co2 lines into the same outlet on the silencer?)
So the co2 is off the silencer. However I’ve been told you want to run ozone as close to the Venturi as possible.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plan is to use a t valve right at the Venturi and out the ozone on that. Desiccant to ozone (Poseidon 200) to Venturi.
I already have a co2 scrubber on it too.
That works.

CO2 scrubbers work best with damp air, while Ozone is better with dry air: A but of a conundrum, but IMO Ozone doesn’t need to run 24/7 to get the benefits.

I only run Ozone 1-2x per week, and my water is crystal clear.

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That works.

CO2 scrubbers work best with damp air, while Ozone is better with dry air: A but of a conundrum, but IMO Ozone doesn’t need to run 24/7 to get the benefits.

what is your ozone set up ?

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Air drier > Ozotech Poseidon > Regal 250INT skimmer through the air silencer.
@Miami Reef @blaxsun Do you run carbon in the water near the skimmer and/or does water run through carbon before it returns to the display? Meaning, do you remove the ozone from the water before it hits the display? In reading through threads on R2R it would feel like some evolution has happened and I can't appear to get a good read on best practice. I set mine up for the first time yesterday. I won't comment on my ORP values, as I am simply going to order a new ORP probe, mine is a couple years old with zero attention to it. The trend though is moving opposite of my PH. I currently have carbon/GFO pump parked next to my skimmer and I have carbon set up prior to hitting my return chamber. It's been running since last night. Seeing how people only run it for an hour or two a week, I am thinking about turning it off. However, I only have it as close to off without turning off (its a P 200) and I am not using a dryer, so the ozone isn't as potent.

Thoughts?

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have activated carbon in the sump after the skimmer, but it’s not directly on the output of the skimmer. Works well for me.

I run ozone for 1-2 days out of the week. I could run it longer, but there’s no need IMO. :)

I use an air drier now. I’m getting much better efficiency with ozone, since I live in a humid area.

OP
OP
L

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That works.

Cant I just run it through the co2 media then dry it? Air comes in from outside line runs through co2 media while not dried, then it gets dried after the co2 media by the seas isn’t then it runs through the ozone generator.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run air pump->Ozotech air dryer->Ozotech Poseidon 200->one of the two air silencer ports on Reef Octopus XP3000I. Just use carbon mat and bag of carbon on top of the skimmer and carbon bag in sump. You could probably just stick a CO2 scrubber inline before the air dryer.

OP
OP
L

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run air pump->Ozotech air dryer->Ozotech Poseidon 200->one of the two air silencer ports on Reef Octopus XP3000I. Just use carbon mat and bag of carbon on top of the skimmer and carbon bag in sump. You could probably just stick a CO2 scrubber inline before the air dryer.
What would you need an air pump for if it’s on the skimmer? I see Poseidon 200 running off the skimmer only all the time online.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Miami Reef @blaxsun Do you run carbon in the water near the skimmer and/or does water run through carbon before it returns to the display? Meaning, do you remove the ozone from the water before it hits the display? In reading through threads on R2R it would feel like some evolution has happened and I can't appear to get a good read on best practice. I set mine up for the first time yesterday. I won't comment on my ORP values, as I am simply going to order a new ORP probe, mine is a couple years old with zero attention to it. The trend though is moving opposite of my PH. I currently have carbon/GFO pump parked next to my skimmer and I have carbon set up prior to hitting my return chamber. It's been running since last night. Seeing how people only run it for an hour or two a week, I am thinking about turning it off. However, I only have it as close to off without turning off (its a P 200) and I am not using a dryer, so the ozone isn't as potent.

Thoughts?
Yes, I run a carbon reactor adjacent to the skimmer as well as a Stink Sink filled with dry carbon on top of the skimmer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back