Reef Safe Plastics

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With ABS (and the FDM tech) there are 2 different types of support material. One is a breakaway support, one is a soluble polymer support. That soluble support takes a sodium hydroxide solution to rinse off the support material. That's my guess why the OP let it soak in RO/DI water...

As for what materials you can print... what materials can you name. Just for the Fortus machine I was looking at, there is
ABS-M30
ABSplus-P430
ABS-ESD7
ABS-M30i
ABSi
PC-ABS
PC
PC-ISO
Ultem 9085
PPSF/PPSU

But you can print flexible parts, mold over parts, clear tinted parts (I saw a guy wearing all yellow sunglasses that were entirely 3D printed, lenses included) it's endless and it's going to take over the medical field first (IMO) and then it's just going to grow grow grow after that.
Hello, so is abs-esd7 reef safe. I can print that at work and I was curious

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With ABS (and the FDM tech) there are 2 different types of support material. One is a breakaway support, one is a soluble polymer support. That soluble support takes a sodium hydroxide solution to rinse off the support material. That's my guess why the OP let it soak in RO/DI water...

As for what materials you can print... what materials can you name. Just for the Fortus machine I was looking at, there is
ABS-M30
ABSplus-P430
ABS-ESD7
ABS-M30i
ABSi
PC-ABS
PC
PC-ISO
Ultem 9085
PPSF/PPSU

But you can print flexible parts, mold over parts, clear tinted parts (I saw a guy wearing all yellow sunglasses that were entirely 3D printed, lenses included) it's endless and it's going to take over the medical field first (IMO) and then it's just going to grow grow grow after that.
Did you figure out if we can uses esd7. I can print some guards for my mp40 on fortus was curious

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 78.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back