Reefi Uno 2.0 pro

juiceguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
wow. I’ve seen them in shops and never thought the glare was that bad. I guess when it’s in your home it’s a different story.
When you go to shops, they are running them mostly on lower power and higher blues to show more colors in the corals

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just switched from Radions/Sky's to the Uno's. Currently using the 90 degree reflectors My tank is 290g and 82"L x 30"W

IMG_1176 copy.jpeg

How is the glare at that height in person compared to the others? Looks minimal!

juiceguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How is the glare at that height in person compared to the others? Looks minimal!
The Uno's with the stock 90 degree reflectors, that is what I am using right now, provide practically no glare at any angle or height. I was shocked when I first put them up compared to the Radion/Sky combo, with the Sky/radions, half my basement was lit up with all the light that glared out.

erm0715

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's three Reefi 2.0 pro over my 60x24x24 tank. Running around 38% total output to get 180-200 par on the sand at 22" deep. Spread is fantastic, power is unbelievable and the colors are so good I'm not even planning on using the hybrid t5 I have them installed in

I'm using the 120° reflectors, and the picture is not the color settings. Just the best angle I had to label on lol.

Par.jpg

Screenshot_20230103_120038_Chrome.jpg
What type of hybrid mount is that (looking for one)? I was looking at Aquatic Life 48" T5/LED combo mount but the space between T5's wasn't wide enough for the Reefi Uno. Was really leaning towards going with Reefi Uno before I found out they were too wide for that mount.

XavierZ06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of hybrid mount is that (looking for one)? I was looking at Aquatic Life 48" T5/LED combo mount but the space between T5's wasn't wide enough for the Reefi Uno. Was really leaning towards going with Reefi Uno before I found out they were too wide for that mount.
That is the aquaticlife 48" t5 fixture. The Reefi fit in there snug with the plug, or you can get a 90* adapter to make it even smoother. No issue if not though.

erm0715

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the aquaticlife 48" t5 fixture. The Reefi fit in there snug with the plug, or you can get a 90* adapter to make it even smoother. No issue if not though.
Thanks! I actually asked about the Aquatic Life 48" T5/LED combo last night on here but I believe someone told me it was ~7" between the T5's where the LEDs would mount.

XavierZ06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7 1/4" in between the t5 sections and the Reefi is 5 5/8". Pm'ed you a picture of mine

erm0715

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7 1/4" in between the t5 sections and the Reefi is 5 5/8". Pm'ed you a picture of mine
Thanks! I think I got some bad quick intel on the light dimensions from Google last night. Definitely doable. Thanks again! I'm leaning towards that mount and combo of Reefi Uno 2.0 and T5s.

XavierZ06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I think I got some bad quick intel on the light dimensions from Google last night. Definitely doable. Thanks again! I'm leaning towards that mount and combo of Reefi Uno 2.0 and T5s.
I've run Xr30s, AI Hydras, DIY led/T5 fixtures, and these are by far my favorite setup with the best results to date. Honestly, I don't even run the T5s, but it's nice to have the option in case corals grow to the point of shadowing and I need a little boost. Otherwise just a clean mount at this point lol.

MGarvo2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, how's the shimmer on the Uno? I had ATI Stratons and the shimmer was minimal. I really enjoy lots of shimmer and glitter lines.
Hey, Maximus!
I wanted to share my experience with my 2 ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pros. The pics are of my build I finally got wet about 2 weeks ago, as well as current settings. My prior experience is with a standard 120G using lights similar to Viparspectras.
First, the developer/owner is personally vested and responsive to questions over Facebook Messenger. He has answered any questions within a day. During the ordering and shipping process, everything happened exactly as he said. This quickly calmed my nerves over sending $1K to a company I hadn’t known before.
The interface allows any customization option I can dream up. I’ve had some frustrations with certain aspects of the interface, such as reloading changing light levels as they are happening, but I believe this is more due to the interface being android/PC based and using my iPhone for setting and tweaking. Whatever the cause, closing Safari and restarting always has corrected it immediately. I’ll also add that my tech wizardry is poor. It took some learning, but it wasn't ridiculous.
To your first question, as you can see, my peak power is 68 watts. Both of the pics I included are at a much lower setting (one is moonlight setting with a flashed pic). The Uno 2’s have 270W available. I am certain I will eventually work my way to the 120-130 watt range for my peak output levels, but that still uses only 1/2 of the potential output. I maxed them out just for kicks a couple days after things were up and running. No BS, it truly reminded me of bright, tropical sunlight.
For reference, my current tank is a custom 140G 48”Wx30”Dx22”H. I have 2 illuminating the whole tank. I am using the mounts which he sells as an optional combo package with the lights. Being 30”D, I’d had trouble finding a light/mount combo that would ensure nice, centered, and adequate coverage. I can’t recall where I saw it, but the specs I saw say it can center the light over a 32”D tank.
Side glare is nearly non-existent. The lights come with 2 reflector inserts. I am using the factory installed 90 degree reflectors. He also has 2 other reflector angles available. So the question asking about a comparable study in the BRS series style isn’t necessarily a full assessment of the potential for Uno 2’s, unless they measured with each of the 4 available reflector angles. Of course, this also impacts the optimal distance from the water surface.
My lights are currently right about 12” from the surface, which puts them at a little over 6’ high from the floor. Sitting on our couch about 10’ away, with the lights in my peripheral vision while watching TV, they are absolutely not distracting. In fact, sitting at the fold out table on my stand is visually very comfortable.
Finally, shimmer. Beautiful. As my experience isn’t vast, I can’t speak to comparisons to Kessils or other lights. I know some feel the shimmer from Kessils is almost too much. In my opinion, the shimmer with my current setup is readily noticeable, but nowhere close to distracting. Everyone’s preference likely being different, mine appreciates Uno 2’s.
Again, I do not claim to be a lighting guru, but I took the time to write this whole post because I believe in the amazing value of these lights. The price is way more than fair given what they deliver. I would recommend them to virtually anyone. I wouldn’t be remotely surprised if they could very adequately light an SPS dominate tank to a depth of 48”.

Attachments

• IMG_1261.jpeg
    IMG_1261.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1242.jpeg
    IMG_1242.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1329.jpeg
    IMG_1329.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 132

chtrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's three Reefi 2.0 pro over my 60x24x24 tank. Running around 38% total output to get 180-200 par on the sand at 22" deep. Spread is fantastic, power is unbelievable and the colors are so good I'm not even planning on using the hybrid t5 I have them installed in

I'm using the 120° reflectors, and the picture is not the color settings. Just the best angle I had to label on lol.

Par.jpg

Screenshot_20230103_120038_Chrome.jpg
I have a 36x36x24 cube and looking at getting these. How is the spread?

Lacesoutfinkle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Par.jpg

What fixture is this?

XavierZ06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was in an aquaticlife t5 hybrid fixture. Since then have ditched and mounted to aluminum channel instead.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI...the Uno 2.1 Pro version is out now. I've ordered a few, but it'll probably be a couple weeks before I get them installed (I'll be mounting with some T5s and need to fab up some mounts).

https://www.reefi-lab.com/product/reefi-uno-2-1-pro/
  • New 90° ReeFlectors v2 installed.
  • Thicker glass panel.
  • Beefer 320W power supply.
For what is the thicker glass panel good for and the 320w power supply?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back