Reefing trade shows, conferences and YOU! Why or Wht Not?

Did you attend or still have plans to attend a reef aquarium trade show or conference this year?

• Yes I did attend a show or I will before the year is out.

Votes: 197 50.9%
  • No I did not attend a show or will not this year.

Votes: 190 49.1%

• Total voters

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to Reefapalooza Chicago (my 1st reef event). Only an hour away. I would love to have more shows in Chicago area or at least know when they are occurring. My favorite thing was seeing so many SPS in person and getting a great deal on Sunday. Without SPS vendors in Chicago it seems the same only place to see a selection is at a show.

I will say that I did not see many of the rare or exspensive sps, a lot of common popular items. Maybe all the rare stuff was bought on Saturday. Wouldn’t buy it for $300 a frag but would have like to seen what the hype is about.
Oh, you did see them, they just look that dull in person ;-)

suzsp8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to go but travel distance seems to be the biggest hurdle. It seems the mid south is under represented. What about a DC event?

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, you did see them, they just look that dull in person ;-)
Haha. Your probably correct. I did see one vendor that had nothing but premium $300-600 sticks. Very small booth and selection but the colors were off the hook. He was also running 2 liters worth of activated carbon on a 5 gallon display. Never seen something like that.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Met Rev & Billldg at Carolina reef experience. Great people. Glad to finally meet some people here.
Way more coral sellers than Distributors. Great prices too. $5 - 100+

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My line of work, owning and having employees, time is a luxury we haven't had for some years. People with certain life threatening conditions, need air conditioning almost 24/7. We need to be ready if it goes down.

Back