Reefingbuddha's 300 DD

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of cycling and beginning to stock my new system. It consists of a 300g Display tank, 180g Sump, 40g Frag Tank and a 120g WC and settling tank.

Thought I would throw up some pictures and ask some questions about stocking the tank.

The white balance is off on a few of these pictures but you get the idea. Eventually I'll add a black backing to the tank so the tank room isn't seen.

DSC_3489.jpg

DSC_3493.jpg

DSC_3499.jpg

DSC_3503.jpg

DSC_3505.jpg

DSC_3502.jpg

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have a good amount of cleaning up to do and have to wire the controller and clean up the electrical, but water is running!

Now to the proposed fish list. I am not 100% on which tangs I wanted to get so I included all I am considering on the list. I am looking for smaller fish overall so that the tank maintains a sense of scale. Here's a list of fish and the quantity I am consider. The "introduction" column on the left signifies in what order the fish will be added. One integer corresponds to anywhere between 2 and 4 weeks depending on parameters and other problems that might arise.

2010-01-19_2202.png

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow that set up is gorgeous and WELL thought out! I love it!!!

Question for you. How hard is it going to be to clean the front glass?

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw the mag float, but that alone doesnt cut it for me. I like to get all the way down to the sand and if you do that with a float you end up getting sand in it and scratching your glass. Been there done that! LOL! Plus even using one everyday, it will not keep your corners and silicone clean.

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that set up is gorgeous and WELL thought out! I love it!!!

Question for you. How hard is it going to be to clean the front glass?

Thank you!

I will use the mag float for daily cleaning and will use a razor blade on a length of PVC for weekly scraping of the edges. That is why I put the 12" ledge on the back of the stand, so that I could maintain the tank more easily.

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would appreciate some advice on the tangs I have selected. I'm pretty sure that they won't all get along well together so some suggestions of combination and alternative would be appreciated. I am looking for smaller inhabitants so that the tank maintains a appropriate sense of scale.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would say that everyone of those tangs will be fine together in the 300g. I keep quite a few tangs and have kept them together in a 250 with no problems.

Achilles, Caribbean Blue, Yellow, Naso, and a Regal with no issues.

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that everyone of those tangs will be fine together in the 300g. I keep quite a few tangs and have kept them together in a 250 with no problems.

Achilles, Caribbean Blue, Yellow, Naso, and a Regal with no issues.

Thanks for the advice Rev. Would be great if I could have all of them, I guess I'll give it a try. I am going to try and introduce all of them at the same time to reduce territorial problems. I will also do the same with the wrasse group and the 2 clownfish pairs. Figures crossed all will go well. I'm looking forward to having some more life in the tank.

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how clean new setups are in the beginning. Very nice looking! I look forward to seeing it stocked.

jam3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
You'll have no problem with 2-3 pairs of clownfishes in a tank that size. Getting them to spawn, however, is another question. :D

Awsome setup btw. I've always wanted a fish tank only room. Where are you located?

LegoZ81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VERY slick. I like it! What equipment are you running?

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like a monster deltec skimmer w/ self-cleaning neck. those are so nice... i've been considering reverse engineering the design for my beckett.

solaris leds?

Last edited:

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that is awesome. I can't wait to see it in a few more months, good luck on the new set-up!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back