OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for it!

Thank you, can't wait to get more colored in there. Coraline Algae is finally starting to pick up.

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank Update:

Parameters
KdH - 9.6
Mg - 1290
Ca - 490
NO3 - 2

- Unfortunately my female Cinnamon Clown decided to take a jump while I had the screens off. I just found her dried out on the floor. Very unfortunate and I feel terrible for her mate. Maybe I'll run into another female somewhere down the road and I'll see if I can get them together. Just fate losing fish and I take it hard. I am responsible for these little critters and hate when something happens.

- I found another 10 cardinals on live aquaria, unfortunately the water was at 70 when they arrived and only 6 made it. They are happily schooling though and the group of 16 looks awesome. The original 10 are doing great.

- I was considering replacing the 6201's with 6305's but decided that the $750 price tag PER powerhead was a little steep. I thought I would give the Koralia magnums a go and purchased 4 of the magnum 8's for $87 a piece off of marine depot.com. The plan was to have two magnum 8's replaced each 6201 and see how it goes. Well it turns out that 1 is plenty to replaced a 6201 and I'm glad I gave them a try. They work great, especially for the price. The corals look extremely happy with the flow and I am still amazed by how much flow gets in through the rocks. Keeping the sand-bed in place is getting harder and harder, especially with this type of flow as the velocity increases at each corner it tries to take a lot of sand with it.

- I installed 2x 7" filter socks in the sump to try to curb some of the detritus that gets down there. I'm changing them out every two days currently. I also cleaned the skimmer and its still kicking ***.

- And finally I've purchased some more corals. The count is up to 10 colonies at the moment. Its actually starting to look like a reef tank.

K-MAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats up buddy? We need some update. Sorry i never called you back a few weeks ago, I was in the middle of my last law school finals, but I'm officially a J.D. now!!!! studying crazy for the bar exam for the next 8 weeks but i def need to take a break sometime soon and come peep your tank!

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buddha, got my Vlamingi ;-)

IMG_3463.jpg

Awsome looking tank!Cant wait to watch it grow. I love the school of anthias, and of course all the tangs!

I got myslef a baby one of these for my tank..it was called naso tang at lfs,hes about 2-3in right now....The problem is they get huge and my tank is less than 100gal!
Alot of character in the little guy... ..

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's an oldie but I Enjoyed this tank thread clean pics and that fish room rocked not too mention the tank I wanna upgrade too

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back