Reefkinetics Reefbot

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Two Setup Question as I plan to setup my Reefbot over next few days:

1) instructions say it needs to be at same level as tank water. I was going to have it on stand next to tank but at stand height, meaning the intake tube would have to go up 2ft to the main tank water level. Would that work or no?

2) I was hoping to connect drain line to an RO tube I have that goes to basement drain. Instructions say to use the 2m tube only. Would the pump not be able to drain longer even if gravity is helping it along to the basement?

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two Setup Question as I plan to setup my Reefbot over next few days:

1) instructions say it needs to be at same level as tank water. I was going to have it on stand next to tank but at stand height, meaning the intake tube would have to go up 2ft to the main tank water level. Would that work or no?

2) I was hoping to connect drain line to an RO tube I have that goes to basement drain. Instructions say to use the 2m tube only. Would the pump not be able to drain longer even if gravity is helping it along to the basement?

Congratulations on your new ReefBot!

1- you can do it.
2- as long as there’s no need for pressure to push the water. If it’s by gravity you are good.

Cheers

Acro maniac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They match my manual tests to within the tolerances of the test kits. Yes. I'll post up some graph pictures. I have tested against the same test kit and others. I have several kits of each parameter. You can see my slight adjustment in my calcium reactor too.
ee67a727174ee396d3338985d70e14c2.jpg
2dbeede59a035b8e95387436dd2e504f.jpg
Yours is definitely more stable. Mine makes me nervous
Screenshot_20190420-075719.png
I may need to put in a ticket to support.
I also have a hard time getting the graphs on the app to do what I want, zoom, date. It would be good to have an app tutorial of some sort somewhere.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yours is definitely more stable. Mine makes me nervous
Screenshot_20190420-075719.png
I may need to put in a ticket to support.
I also have a hard time getting the graphs on the app to do what I want, zoom, date. It would be good to have an app tutorial of some sort somewhere.
Kindly email us on [email protected]
Your device needs some fine tuning for the test chamber calibration.

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing a lot of testing one parameter at at time to ensure I find the correct one that I feel is most accurate. I have Alkalinity and Phosphate nailed down and am now working on Calcium. Here are the results if anyone is interested. Listed in the order I did the tests.

Seachem: 395
Hanna: 333 (I don't recommend Hanna for Calcium because of it's large range in accuracy (+-6% of reading). So this could be 313 or 353.
API (Manual): 400
API (ReefBot): 460
Aquaforest Test Pro: 440
NYOS: 400
Red Sea: 400

Any idea when Calcium with Red Sea will be out of Beta? I'm not too happy with the results of API in the bot. Thanks.

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is pretty loud, that's why I run it after I go to bed.

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now I'm focusing on Magnesium. Just thought I would share what my experience has been.

Seachem: 1,250
Giesmann (Bot): 1,395
Giesmann (Manual): 1,245
Red Sea: 1,280
Aquaforest Test Pro: 1,290
NYOS: 1260

Unfortunately the results in the bot are also too high for my liking for this parameter as well. The bot was also calibrated (both test and RO chambers) 3 days ago.

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you find that you need to recalibrate your bot? I've been checking the calibration weekly and it always appears to be off and I have to recalibrate it.

Just curious if others are seeing the same thing.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you find that you need to recalibrate your bot? I've been checking the calibration weekly and it always appears to be off and I have to recalibrate it.

I am seeing numbers bounce more than they should as well. My calibrations have been pretty close but never exactly repeatable. Have you moved/touched/handled your tankwater tubing between calibrations? I wonder if it needs to be exactly fixed without moving at all to be more precise. The RO water calibration is much less important, it just rinses. It won't effect precision of the testing, unless it was inadequately rinsed I guess.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You don’t need to calibrate weekly. Please email Maya on [email protected] to calibrate your bot remotely.
Your device is not well calibrated

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you moved/touched/handled your tankwater tubing between calibrations?
Not at all. Even when it comes time to refill my RO and empty the waste containers I use I only disconnect the tube on the waste container and never touch the others.

You don’t need to calibrate weekly. Please email Maya on [email protected] to calibrate your bot remotely.
Your device is not well calibrated
Will do. But it's odd that it doesn't hold its calibration when we do it manually. Also my Phosphate and Alkalinity are currently dead on so I'm worried when it's calibrated "remotely" that these will then become inaccurate but we'll see. Thanks for the response. And I do understand that support doesn't monitor these forums. I would have eventually reached out to support directly but sometimes the most enlightening information comes from other members that are also using the product.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what’s up guys How is the progress coming along with the accessory kits ? Still none ?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 30 32.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back