Reefkinetics Reefbot

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what this means. What should I do so I can order these? Thanks.

Seems A lot of US bank transactions get flagged when trying to order . It happened to a lot when first trying to place a order for ReefBot . I didn’t have a problem though this time ordering from them . I had to call my bank though when I first ordered ReefBot and speak with them about letting it go through

Reefies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
after the Reefbot is now also available in Germany, I would like to buy this and order the appropriate tests. Which tests would you recommend me for kh, Po4 and Ca?
Thanks!

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now that the trident has been released, notice how there is only 1 reagent per test for Mg, Ca, and Alk. Thus only taking up 3 slots. I think it would be great if the Reefbot added those reagents to the testing abilities, because then we could test all 5 major parameters we want with the 8 slots in the ReefBot.

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no need to test cal and mag every day when you test alk as they fall in chemical balance. You just waste tests doing all three constantly

I'm not saying you need to do them every day. But by having ReefKinetics add them to the list of reagents the ReefBot is able to test, it would allow you to test all 5 major parameters without needing to swap reagents.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now that the trident has been released, notice how there is only 1 reagent per test for Mg, Ca, and Alk. Thus only taking up 3 slots. I think it would be great if the Reefbot added those reagents to the testing abilities, because then we could test all 5 major parameters we want with the 8 slots in the ReefBot.
But they are not single reagent tests. The alkalinity test is surely single reagent, but Ca and Mg have to best tested together with alkalinity. So all three, or just Alk. I suspect Ca gets tested first, then Mg like salifert, etc. the Alk reagent could/is likely being used at some point during Ca/Mg determination. So it’s not as easy as a single reagent for each, I know of no way to do so. But I’m not a chemist!

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys - I suspect I have a failed motor/pump but am not sure and was wondering if you happened to know the following. I came home to find my carpet all wet below my Reefbot and there was water inside of it as well. I've been trying to figure out what is going on.

I noticed when I do an RO calibration that water fills the tube and overflows. It doesn't appear to be sending the water out the Waste hose. So I disconnected the hoses from the front of the bot and took the side off. I did some testing and it appears...

1. The first yellow pump is to take in tank water.
2. The second pump (1st blue one) is to send out to waste
3. The third pump (2nd blue one) is to bring in RO.
4. The fourth pump (3rd blue one) is to send out to waste??? Is this correct? Reason I ask is that this one doesn't seem to be running at all during either the Test Chamber calibration or RO calibration.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

upload_2019-5-10_20-4-1.png

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys - I suspect I have a failed motor/pump but am not sure and was wondering if you happened to know the following. I came home to find my carpet all wet below my Reefbot and there was water inside of it as well. I've been trying to figure out what is going on.

I noticed when I do an RO calibration that water fills the tube and overflows. It doesn't appear to be sending the water out the Waste hose. So I disconnected the hoses from the front of the bot and took the side off. I did some testing and it appears...

1. The first yellow pump is to take in tank water.
2. The second pump (1st blue one) is to send out to waste
3. The third pump (2nd blue one) is to bring in RO.
4. The fourth pump (3rd blue one) is to send out to waste??? Is this correct? Reason I ask is that this one doesn't seem to be running at all during either the Test Chamber calibration or RO calibration.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

upload_2019-5-10_20-4-1.png
Support will get back to you shortly

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Support will get back to you shortly
Thanks. Issue is resolved. Support had me do the following which worked.

Remove the pump head of the 3rd Blue peristaltic pump (last blue pump to the right), by pressing on the two plastic bits on the left and right of it and applying pressure to the top to unplug it from its base.

Replug the same pump head but this time do not plug all the way in, just make sure the pump head is hooked to the axis of the motor. ( there should be like 4 to 5mm space between the back side of the pump head and the base of the pump)

Run a Test (RO calibration)

When the Reefbot is supposed to empty the RO water, the pump should start running and you should observe the pump head being dragged down until it gets plugged by itself.

JimWelsh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But they are not single reagent tests. The alkalinity test is surely single reagent, but Ca and Mg have to best tested together with alkalinity. So all three, or just Alk. I suspect Ca gets tested first, then Mg like salifert, etc. the Alk reagent could/is likely being used at some point during Ca/Mg determination. So it’s not as easy as a single reagent for each, I know of no way to do so. But I’m not a chemist!
That's an awful lot of guessing going on there. Please continue. I find it entertaining.

Reefies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, it is planned to develop an IPad optimized version of the APP. This would certainly be much more comfortable than the operation on the iPhone, e.g. when using charts.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed SaltwaterAquarium.com is now stocking ReefBot and needles, Bottles, stir bars ect. That’s great [emoji106] they have the fastest shipping for me

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Issue is resolved. Support had me do the following which worked.

Remove the pump head of the 3rd Blue peristaltic pump (last blue pump to the right), by pressing on the two plastic bits on the left and right of it and applying pressure to the top to unplug it from its base.

Replug the same pump head but this time do not plug all the way in, just make sure the pump head is hooked to the axis of the motor. ( there should be like 4 to 5mm space between the back side of the pump head and the base of the pump)

Run a Test (RO calibration)

When the Reefbot is supposed to empty the RO water, the pump should start running and you should observe the pump head being dragged down until it gets plugged by itself.

Unfortunately same thing happened again today. I came home to wet carpet. I opened the side and found that the water isn't going out the waste line again. I'll repeat these steps to see if it works but seems like a bigger issue. I'll contact support again.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately same thing happened again today. I came home to wet carpet. I opened the side and found that the water isn't going out the waste line again. I'll repeat these steps to see if it works but seems like a bigger issue. I'll contact support again.

Hmm this hasn’t happened to me knock on wood . Might not be a bad idea for some type of safety drain feature incorporated in ReefBot V2
Or if a DIY’er seal the bottom with a silicon caulk and drill a small safety drain . Isn’t much water so 1/4 inch hosing tied into waste line .

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what it looks like when taking the pump head off.

upload_2019-5-19_15-47-22.png

That doesn’t look to great huh . They are Kamoer pumps right? That’s something I can’t even start to help ya with . I’m sure they will set you straight though .

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do you know how these reagents work? Are they colorimeter tests?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 33 26.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back