Reefkinetics Reefbot

Nathan Bertsch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great!!! It’s great seeing you guys adding more and more kits!

The ReefBot is now compatible with ELOS The Aquarium Company KH test kit. You can read your alkalinity levels between 5 and 14 dKH !

#ReefBot #Elos #Alkalinity #RK #Aquarium #Reef

64537483_1617847581684740_4104753004165464064_n.jpg

Nathan Bertsch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also a follow up on bent needles. I talked with support and they noticed there was some deflection in the reagent tray. I push down on the tray at the instructed position and that seems to have fixed the problem.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also a follow up on bent needles. I talked with support and they noticed there was some deflection in the reagent tray. I push down on the tray at the instructed position and that seems to have fixed the problem.
I have had the same experience, lots of discussion of bending parts of the RB to get the system working properly. I have bent a good number of needles working on getting everything aligned. Jad is a great with communication, but I am afraid occasional bent needles might be a permanent situation.

Nathan Bertsch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’ll always be adding new tests. You shouldn’t bend any needle as it’s like calibrating the tray once after shipping. @rushbattle very few had this issue.
I’m hoping that was a fluke shipping thing! So far I’ve ran about 8 tests without bent needles! I’m going to be filling up the reagent tray to fill capacity and run more tests to confirm! It’s been great having for phosphate and nitrate!!!!! I use the trident for the main three and the reefbot for phosphate nitrate and additional alkalinity! So far I’m loving not manually testing!!!! Way to go ReefKinetics, what a great product!

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ReefBot is now compatible with ELOS The Aquarium Company KH test kit. You can read your alkalinity levels between 5 and 14 dKH !
I can confirm that it is accurate as well. My recommendations for Alkalinity for the ReefBot are as follows.

Salifert (Still the best and most accurate)
ELOS (Very close second)
Red Sea (Too High for my liking)
API (Too low for my liking)

Balz3352

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many vials in the reefbot dose each one of those kits take up.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ReefBot!
art1.jpg

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much more expensive and worse accuracy and precision. Not a good option.
I 100% disagree. Great accuracy and the best precision I've seen and the refill kits are mid range expensive. I don't know where you got your info. BRS just did a review of all this and confirms what I just said.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 100% disagree. Great accuracy and the best precision I've seen and the refill kits are mid range expensive. I don't know where you got your info. BRS just did a review of all this and confirms what I just said.
It’s literally 1.5 times as expensive as Red Sea, going from $0.24 to $0.36 per test. That’s $50 per year extra, and it’s likely the least accurate and precise way to measure alkalinity. I like Ryan, but that test kit video they did is garbage. It tested people not kits and in a janky way as well. Has nothing to do testing accuracy and precision at all.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With rinsing and whatnot, how much waste is produced for a single test. Say a single Red Sea Alk test?

Also, how much tank water would this single test use? Is it just the 10ml required by Red Sea, or is there some tube flushing that is happening as well?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.1%
Back