Refractometer issues/calibration

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just want to be certain that I'm using the proper calibration solution for a ATC refractometer.(Pic included)
The reason is my refractometer with the drops of this solution only adjusts up to 1.025 max, then the blue slide starts to decrease. I cannot get the indicated 1.026 of this solution.
Assuming my current refractometer is toast, is the Pinpoint salinity moniter or a new refractometer a better choice for accurately measuring S.G ? Thanks

Screenshot_20170220-114403.png

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just want to be certain that I'm using the proper calibration solution for a ATC refractometer.(Pic included)
The reason is my refractometer with the drops of this solution only adjusts up to 1.025 max, then the blue slide starts to decrease. I cannot get the indicated 1.026 of this solution.
Assuming my current refractometer is toast, is the Pinpoint salinity moniter or a new refractometer a better choice for accurately measuring S.G ? Thanks

Screenshot_20170220-114403.png
I would never go without a refractometer. Salinity monitors are great but I would want an additional way to check their accuracy.

OP
OP
kevensquint

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other elements in the seawater will not affect the results of a salinity meter?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back