Refrigerator temp question

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping their may be an appliance repair person or at least someone knowledgeable on here that can help. I've had a side-by-side in my garage for the last 6 or so years, before that it was in the kitchen. It started acting up and was throwing the breaker every time it would go into defrost mode so I figured I would just buy a new one instead of trying to repair one that was 20 years old. Old fridge was a Whirlpool and I would keep the fridge on a lower setting so low that I would have ice in my soda bottles. Not sure the exact temp but ordered a freezer/fridge temp monitor from Thermoworks so it should be accurate. I got the new side-by-side 2 weeks ago and it is a Whirlpool also. The temps haven't been steady in it since I got it. I've got the freezer set to its warmest setting and the fridge to its coldest setting. Most of the time the freezer reads around 0 but a few times it has been around 10. Fridge side is jumping from 32 to 43. I was thinking maybe I'm just checking it when the defrost mode is on but I would think that would only effect the freezer side. Just wanted someones opinion before I called up Best Buy to have it looked at.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess moving the lounge down to the bottom and killed the viewership. Used to get a lot of views in here and now hardly anything.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I'm going to have to call Best Buy tomorrow and see what they can do. I took out 6lbs of ground beef I bought at Costco Saturday to divide up and freeze and decided to check the temp with my thermopro. It was reading 44 degrees. Unless someone tells me differently I would expect it to be 40 or below, especially since I have the fridge set to it coldest setting.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The newer Refrigerator/Freezers have a larger temperature swings, that equals longer off times and run times for the compressor. This is one way they get better EPA Numbers. The Maximum temperature is probably the 10 F you are seeing. Ice Makers harvest when the Tray hits 11 F, unless they’ve changed this. This does slow the ice production down. I don’t think this applies to deep freezes, even the frost free ones. The Refrigerator that trips the breaker, an easy fix. The Calrod heater has shorted. Online Appliance parts stores have videos on how to replace them. Heat the panels with a hair dryer, to make them pliable, so you don’t crack them. If one does crack, clean with Isopropyl, and Super Glue.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back