Rhomboid Fairy Wrasse.

pac_island_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The goldens coming into LAX are having the worst time with survival rates. I believe there are new divers catching these, and it isn't something they pick up over night. It is a complicated process to bring up the goldens in good condition... IF they spin, it is a decompression issue.

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The goldens coming into LAX are having the worst time with survival rates. I believe there are new divers catching these, and it isn't something they pick up over night. It is a complicated process to bring up the goldens in good condition... IF they spin, it is a decompression issue.

From your experience will decompression issue showed up after having the fish for about 1 month?

pac_island_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are 2 different types of decompression issues. one will be almost instant, the other will take some time. If the air bladder expanded at all during deco and it wasn't corrected, it will put to much pressure on the internal organs, but you wont see or know this until later... 1 month sounds accurate.

Also, the long shipping to LAX from MAJ is very stressful for these fish... might also be a problem.

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are 2 different types of decompression issues. one will be almost instant, the other will take some time. If the air bladder expanded at all during deco and it wasn't corrected, it will put to much pressure on the internal organs, but you wont see or know this until later... 1 month sounds accurate.

Also, the long shipping to LAX from MAJ is very stressful for these fish... might also be a problem.

Thanks for all the info. Do you know any way to try correct the swim bladder problem? My Rhomboid is still alive and alert, but it's floating belly up and the belly is inflated. Probably won't have much time left. :sad:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 106 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back