Rich and Famous Reef Owners

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of an actor/actress, sports person, politician, etc who owns a reef aquarium?

The only one I've heard rumor of owning one is Ben Bailey, famous from Cash Cab, who supposedly lives here in NJ:

30th-anniversary-where-are-they-now-old-Ben-Bailey.jpg

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Michael Bloomberg is a huge aquarium guy. Rumor has it he has the largest clam in captivity in one of his many tanks. His offices and buildings are packed with tanks.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of those are fish-only with artificial coral inserts. How many get reef tanks?
Not a ton but there have been a few......when the OP posted the question I wasn't really thinking of "real" reef tanks. You are correct....most (but not all) are inserts.

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of those are fish-only with artificial coral inserts. How many get reef tanks?
LOL I've never seen a reef tank on tanked I don't think??? There coral inserts from all the episodes I've seen at least!

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me obviously;) I've apparently been in OITNB and that 70s show haha. I've since given up my fame and fortune to be a slave to the retail world lol.

No doubt you have a doppelgänger! She must always get asked if she's the ReefQueen ;)

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the same thing. The list that gets wet themselves would be pretty short me thinks.

This. You can go to their website and find an "affiliated" page that syncs up pretty good to the clientele they've had on the show. That 100% led me to believe they all pay to have it done. One of their commercial questions was "how much is it going to cost Tyga to get his tank serviced every month?"

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL I've never seen a reef tank on tanked I don't think??? There coral inserts from all the episodes I've seen at least!
Yeah, there are two that I can think of off the top of my head.....the spade tank in the tattoo shop and the large reef tank in some guys house. They use Radion LEDs along with an Apex I believe.

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There was one that went to a guy in barber or tattoo shop, can't remember exactly. Judging by the setup they did, pretty sure it's crashed by now...

I guess I shouldn't say that, he could have completely reconfigured it when they left.

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me obviously;) I've apparently been in OITNB and that 70s show haha. I've since given up my fame and fortune to be a slave to the retail world lol.

Not to be the creepy guy on the internet, but I think you're prettier than her. You actually look a lot like my friend's fiance as well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back