Rimless Tank Support

T4ylor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this rimless aquarium. the unit was made to support the weight but the dimensions slight overhang the front and back. i know many rimless manufacturers produce them with overhangs to sit flush with the doors etc. this was a custom built tank and my manufacturer has assured me it is fine so do you think i am okay to leave it?

IMG_2801.jpeg IMG_2797.jpeg IMG_2802.jpeg IMG_2798.jpeg IMG_2804.jpeg

coralboi56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this rimless aquarium. the unit was made to support the weight but the dimensions slight overhang the front and back. i know many rimless manufacturers produce them with overhangs to sit flush with the doors etc. this was a custom built tank and my manufacturer has assured me it is fine so do you think i am okay to leave it?

Personally for me, I don't trust any edges not supported. Salt water is heave and exerts a lot of force, especially on the corners. I would personally order or build a custom stand that fits the tank

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

This does not concern me however you can place the tank on Plywood cut the same dimensions of the tank for pure seating and stability

bryce.martin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldnt stress that, the fulcrum point is so close to that edge. Id only want to correct that because of my OCD and thats it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back