Rimmed aquarium mounting

Kingkold020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for a DIY solution to rimmed aquarium mounting. I never realized how hard it is to get a light that fits on a rimmed aquarium. I was looking to get 2 Aqua kings for my 20 gallon long, but I’ve heard that they don’t fit snug on it. What have you guys done to make your lights fit on your rimmed aquarium? Only things I can’t do are hang them or to try and mount them to the back wall.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I ran AI lightning on my rimmed tank it was a pain to just use the stock mounting. I ended up making a shim out of plastic to help hold it all together.

Subtropic Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I ran AI lightning on my rimmed tank it was a pain to just use the stock mounting. I ended up making a shim out of plastic to help hold it all together.
My ai primes held up fine on the rim of a 30 breeder. I used the rigid arm or what ever it’s called.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I did on my rimmed 120 with tslot aluminum.
20210113_165109.jpg

Mikosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for a DIY solution to rimmed aquarium mounting. I never realized how hard it is to get a light that fits on a rimmed aquarium. I was looking to get 2 Aqua kings for my 20 gallon long, but I’ve heard that they don’t fit snug on it. What have you guys done to make your lights fit on your rimmed aquarium? Only things I can’t do are hang them or to try and mount them to the back wall.

The Solution for rimmed tanks. Link below.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back