Ro/di adding a pressure tank faucet

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a little research and I can’t find any information about not storing DI in the pressure tanks with the food safe bladder so I think that’s bad information that I was told and I’m sorry I passed it along. Though yes you don’t want to drink DI water anyway. There’s a debate as to whether RO water is good for you but I think that’s a personal decision that should be made. My well water is pretty gross so I’m going to keep drinking my RO water.

One thing I did learn is that there is an advantage to adding a permeate pump to your system before the pressure tank, because as the pressure in your pressure tank increases it will add backpressure to your membranes which will decrease their efficiency. A permeate pump will mitigate that occurring and since it is operated hydraulically via the waste water, you’re not having to shut down the pump electrically via a pressure switch.

EvilLucky6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah, okay i understand thank you for picture! i was overcomplicating things thinking i needed to divert the TDS creep as waste , but i guess drinking the temporary high TDS is fine, just dont want it in the DI
It's not much a few tds higher for a couple of minutes. It just helps to extend the DI life

OP
OP
I

iambes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a little research and I can’t find any information about not storing DI in the pressure tanks with the food safe bladder so I think that’s bad information that I was told and I’m sorry I passed it along. Though yes you don’t want to drink DI water anyway. There’s a debate as to whether RO water is good for you but I think that’s a personal decision that should be made. My well water is pretty gross so I’m going to keep drinking my RO water.

One thing I did learn is that there is an advantage to adding a permeate pump to your system before the pressure tank, because as the pressure in your pressure tank increases it will add backpressure to your membranes which will decrease their efficiency. A permeate pump will mitigate that occurring and since it is operated hydraulically via the waste water, you’re not having to shut down the pump electrically via a pressure switch.
No worries, still a valid thing to consider when storing water. Thank you for doing research and your input it’s much appreciated !

Permeate pumps definitely seem like a great addition with many benefits. Will try things as is for now, always something to keep in mind for the future if the need arises.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 101 42.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 48.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.3%
Back