RODI 100% Rejection Water and 0 pressure on gauge.

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I am looking for some trouble shooting steps regarding my RODI unit.

Currently the unit only produces rejection water. I thought the filters needed to be replaced so I bought new and replaced the old filters still no production. I also noticed the gauge reads 0 to 10%.

I have removed the black hose from the RO membrane unit and the water shoots out. (I call this the left side of the RO hosing) The Yellow rejection line is working but the blue good water line doesn't have any flow. The sediment line first canister i never replaced or the carbon filter.

Any trouble shooting steps i have missed?

"Z"

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remove the membrane and filters. Run your unit. Record pressure. Place filters in one by one to deduce which is restricting flow. Likely a clogged ro membrane which will require a replacement of the cartridge. Did you replace it along with the prefilters?
Is your tubing plugged into the correct ports?

OP
OP
zemuss

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ro membrane and DI were just replaced but i see what you mean about tearing the unit down and running without filters and replace each.

Could a RO Membrane be bad from spectrapure?

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like saltyreef mention, run the unit without any filters and see if you get anything, most likely u have a clog somewhere.

OP
OP
zemuss

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sediment and Carbon need to be changed.. Going to get new ones now. Both i have never changed.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id maybe start there with replacing the pre and carbon. When pressure drops it can be an indication of a clogged prefilter.. And no its highly unlikely your spectrapure membrane is bad.

Are you sure you are hooked up correctly?
Heres a couple good references for proper installation.

rodi4.jpg rodi6.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently the unit only produces rejection water.

If the water is running straight thru then you might not have the restrictor inline. Like if the flush valve is open.

OP
OP
zemuss

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys it was the sediment and Carbon filters.. If you would see the color of the sediment filter you would laugh.

I have a 3 chamber setup and need to get me a flush valve so i can flush before each fill up. Everything else is setup properly.

OP
OP
zemuss

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is back working. Thanks everyone i am setting it up to replace sediment and carbon every 6 months and DI and membrane yearly.. is that ok?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the problem? Did you figure it out?

Those are good intervals for the prefilters and membrane, however a better way would be to monitor pressure and tds to determine when to swap out filters and membrane.

A pressure gauge before and after the prefilters will help determine when they're starting to get clogged.

Understanding your rejection rate and monitoring tds before and after the membrane will keep you informed on the efficiency and when it's time to replace.

As for the DI, I don't know too many people that can get a year out of the DI, most use the color changing and that's what determines when to swap it out. But of course a tds meter after the DI will help as well.

OP
OP
zemuss

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sediment and Carbon need to be changed. This was the issue and is why i will do a 6 month reminder. However I usually change my DI and Ro Membrane when i see a TDS of 1 which is usually a year later.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 29.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 50 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.5%
Back