RODI booster pump placement

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if someone can help me with the placement of a booster pump on my rodi system. It's a home masters 5 stage with faucet, bladder tank, and permeate pump. I added a brs di canister just after the ro membrane. I emailed the company and they told me to place the pump just after the sediment filter and put the shut off switch just before the bladder tank but with the addition of the di canister that doesn't seem right. A pic of my setup and the other pic is what the manufacturer sent me.
20210203_135129.jpg
Screenshot_20210203-033453_Chrome.jpg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my booster pump before any of the filters and it hasn't been an issue. Now you have me questioning if I should move mine.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told to put the booster pump between the mechanical/sediment pre-filters and the RO membrane. Pressure shutoff after the DI stages. Curious why you'd use a bladder tank?

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told to put the booster pump between the mechanical/sediment pre-filters and the RO membrane. Pressure shutoff after the DI stages. Curious why you'd use a bladder tank?
Well it's a storage tank for ro water to my kitchen faucet.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at hook up diagrams for systems that have the components you have spectrapure, buckeye hydro, BRS

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's a storage tank for ro water to my kitchen faucet.

Ah, silly me, I just assumed you were using it for your reef tank .....

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the membrane, pressure switch after the output of membrane after any type of auto shutoff, I just got done doing an upgrade and that's what aquatec had advised

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the membrane is recommended as this will protect the pump from incoming sediment. I have a whole home sediment filter so I chose to install mine between the supply line and the first RO filter and have not had any issues. I also have 20 gallon bladder tank which holds just RO for drinking / cooking. When I make water for my tank I do not like to drain the RO water from my bladder which seems to build up some PPM so I have a valve before the pressure tanks as well. When I need water for my reef I close the valve between pressure tank and RODI system then open the valve allowing product water to go through DI and into my holding tank.

Added benefit is that I can still pull water from my 20 gallon bladder at my fridge, sink, and ice maker while the system is also producing RODI for my reef.

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the membrane is recommended as this will protect the pump from incoming sediment. I have a whole home sediment filter so I chose to install mine between the supply line and the first RO filter and have not had any issues. I also have 20 gallon bladder tank which holds just RO for drinking / cooking. When I make water for my tank I do not like to drain the RO water from my bladder which seems to build up some PPM so I have a valve before the pressure tanks as well. When I need water for my reef I close the valve between pressure tank and RODI system then open the valve allowing product water to go through DI and into my holding tank.

Added benefit is that I can still pull water from my 20 gallon bladder at my fridge, sink, and ice maker while the system is also producing RODI for my reef.
Where did you place your pressure switch?

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you place your pressure switch?
After pressure tank but before the T fitting that branches off to the DI that way the pressure switch will shut off the pump when the RO bladder is full or when my ATO res is full when switched to DI output.

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ok, but for me at the moment i have the di T'd in just after the ro membrane which is before my storage tank. Since I have a carbon filter just before my storage tank to restore taste/ minerals to the water to drink. Any idea then where i should put the pressure switch? I imagine i should put it just after the T for the di, maybe lol.

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, if anyone else is still looking at this thread, should i put a flush valve on my waste line pictured here?
20210203_210041.jpg

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A flush valve bypasses your flow restrictor From your picture not sure where your is located.

I do not run a flush valve on my system

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was assuming the flow restrictor is in the end which connects to the drain but I suppose i need to verify that now.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would expect it to be in the waste line at the membrane

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 43 46.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back