Saludos desde Los Angeles, CA!!!!

TRAPO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Que onda reefers!!!! Hope everyone is doing great!!! I'm TRAPO and a new member to this awesome place!!! I've been in the hobby for about 6 years now, started off with freshwater and 4 years ago, roughly, dove into the salt life and love it!!! Just started another tank so looking for ideas, 24 gallons so let's see what everyone here has, bring the creativity!!!! Thinking maybe 3 fishes and of course, CORALS!!!! Y'all be safe and keep on reefing!!! Sas!!! ✌✌✌

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Que onda reefers!!!! Hope everyone is doing great!!! I'm TRAPO and a new member to this awesome place!!! I've been in the hobby for about 6 years now, started off with freshwater and 4 years ago, roughly, dove into the salt life and love it!!! Just started another tank so looking for ideas, 24 gallons so let's see what everyone here has, bring the creativity!!!! Thinking maybe 3 fishes and of course, CORALS!!!! Y'all be safe and keep on reefing!!! Sas!!! ✌✌✌

Hey Trapo,

Welcome to the forum ;)
Do you still have fresh water tank or only salt water now?
What fish do you like?

Zhenya

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, Trapo!

Over time, perhaps while your tank is cycling, you discover fish that make your pupils dilate. If they fit in your tank, research them. Ask _all_ the questions! If they fit with your plans, those are the ones to bring home. (If they don't fit in your tank ... upgrade! If they don't fit with your plans, it may be time for a second tank!!) (>__<)

~Bruce

OP
OP
TRAPO

TRAPO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Trapo,

Welcome to the forum ;)
What fish do you like?

Zhenya
Hey Trapo,

Welcome to the forum ;)
What fish do you like?

Zhenya

Hello there and thank you!!! Yes I still have a freshwater tank. 20Gal Long. I also have a 29Gal Saltwater tank as well. I moved the 20Gal from my room to my living room and I had a 10Gal one as well but took it down. Wanted to make space for my 24Gal I gotts cycling.... I love all fishes!!! Lol. I'm think maybe a pair of clowns and a hi fin goby. The goby is only about an inch big so I'm wondering if the clowns would harass it? Any thoughts?

OP
OP
TRAPO

TRAPO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, Trapo!

Over time, perhaps while your tank is cycling, you discover fish that make your pupils dilate. If they fit in your tank, research them. Ask _all_ the questions! If they fit with your plans, those are the ones to bring home. (If they don't fit in your tank ... upgrade! If they don't fit with your plans, it may be time for a second tank!!) (>__<)

~Bruce

Master Bruce!!! Thank you sir!!! And I know exactly what you mean, my 29Gal is gonna be a 50Gal I've been keeping my eye on pretty soon, lol. What would you recommend for a 24Gal? It's an AJ-60

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get the clownfish small, they won't be interested in harassing anything for a while. I got my pair when they were tiny - maybe 1/2-3/4" long. Any goby would have been perfectly safe!

Now, they're starting to dance, but still, a year later, they're pretty laid back fish.

There are a lot of fun gobies, and many will pair with a pistol shrimp for an interesting partnership. One of my favorites is called the "high-fin red-banded" or "yellow rose / yellow nose" goby. Near white with dark diagonal bands, a yellow face and a blue shimmer to its fins, it sports a tall black first ray on its dorsal fin, and partners with the candy pistol shrimp.

Another group of gobies to look at would be the neon / cleaner gobies. Black, with striping in blue or yellow, they'll cling to the rocks or glass, and sometimes offer to clean other fish in the tank.

You might find a tailspot blenny fairly enchanting as well . . .

~Bruce

OP
OP
TRAPO

TRAPO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the goby I'm interested in!!! I believe it's called a flaming prawn. But yes a small pair of clowns and one of these guys. I'm thinking some seXXXy shrimp as well, so I don't think a pistol shrimp would be good cause it'll attack the seXXXy shrimps or so I've heard correct?

IMG_8204.JPG

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a couple bigger fish in my 150, but gobies are going to be a huge part of my stocking list along with a few blennies. There's just something about the amount of smaller fish and the movement they bring that catches my eye.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a group of five sexy shrimp in my 65 gallon with a pistol for several months. They did just fine, until I added a small blue-jaw triggerfish . . .

Pistol shrimp have very poor eyesight, and I suspect that they scavenge more than they actively hunt.

Sexy shrimp live in anemones. Mine enjoyed my "garden" of maxi-mini carpet 'nems.

~Bruce

OP
OP
TRAPO

TRAPO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, good to know, thanks for the info. SeXXXy shrimp for sure then I'll think about the pistol. I'm limited due to it being a 24Gal but that doesn't mean that what I choose can't be amazing!!!

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef @TRAPO !* Master Bruce has given you some excellent suggestions.I myself have a 20 gallon display were I house a pair of clowns and various other creatures.There are so many amazing possibilities.In regards to the pistols I really like them.I own a few myself so I would consider their landscaping behaviors.In a smaller aquarium you may not be able to keep corals on the sand bed.Once acclimated they have a tendency to bury things.Important things.

DSCF8242_zps5797234_edit_1424182792330_zpsv82rzoa_edit_1426280392421.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back