Santa arrived early....

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly I wasn't buying into the hype until I got one. The colors POP on the Red Hornets. These look very similar, but hard to really tell.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do these have the alternating tentacles on the skirts like a purple hornet? Just curious as I have two DW morphs which show similar colors, but don't have alternating tentacles (both different).

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skirts look like they alternate. Rev I agree that the red hornets are very nice and do pop, and I would like one but if the color of these is as nice, I would like these better without the bigger white mouth as they would look more true to the PH 's markings

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's like a small car sitting in your tank for how much those stupid zoanthid polyps sell for. There really isn't anyway to tell if they are "real" or not lol, they all came from the ocean, the same place the "real" ones came from remember. I bet all the people trying to make a killing off of their ~200 per polyps zoas are going to be pretty sad to see these becoming more prevalent...

reefcrazydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's like a small car sitting in your tank for how much those stupid zoanthid polyps sell for. There really isn't anyway to tell if they are "real" or not lol, they all came from the ocean, the same place the "real" ones came from remember. I bet all the people trying to make a killing off of their ~200 per polyps zoas are going to be pretty sad to see these becoming more prevalent...

True, now i'm scare to spend money in the zoa that called real RH, lol..the original people get the first colony of RH in the US must come from some where in the ocean and more colonys will come to US with that same diver...

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they all get it from the same wholesaler or tranship then in time we shall start seeing them more.

I

inactive

View Badges

Exactly. With proper photo skills and hustlin I could cut every no name polyp I had down and screw people for thousands of dollars. lol.

Reef 5etup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone can say what they wanna say but what it really comes down to is BOTH of these next to eachother with macro lense someone send fashion a polyp or fashion send someone a polyp so we can get down to the gritty of this! I've known the rh to have a white mouth and i didnt believe the hype till i got one and i have to say they are bright and something else! JMO

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone can say what they wanna say but what it really comes down to is BOTH of these next to eachother with macro lense someone send fashion a polyp or fashion send someone a polyp so we can get down to the gritty of this! I've known the rh to have a white mouth and i didnt believe the hype till i got one and i have to say they are bright and something else! JMO

+1

Those that criticize the Rh is cause they dont have one to compare there colors and see the diffrence
Rev now that you have one what do you think about it

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will be glad to take an unbiased photo of the new polyps versus the RH. I will even pay for the shipping to get to me. I will draw a name for a member here at R2R to get the polyp. I will do Macros, side by side.

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are both nice anyway

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fashionphile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow guys! I didnt realize I would cause such a debate when I posted pics, I didnt even mention what I thought they were...
To give everyone a bit more info. I received this colony about 1 1/2 weeks ago. As stated already they came from Kupang. They have only had 1 1/2 weeks of aquarium life. I seriously doubt they have colored up to their potential. I run 6x39 T5's on my tank and they are placed half way up in good flow.
When I received the colony upon placing them in my tank a loose slab of polyps broke off, so there was actually more then you saw in the photo. Im not willing to frag the colony but am willing to frag the rock that broke off which is approx 15 polyps or so..
I have no issues in sending Rev a polyp for comparison, however I dont feel like it will be an accurate comparison since mine has not had time to reach its potential.
But I will let you guys decide.

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to jump the gun. Sounds like you should give them time before a true comparison can be made

Last edited:

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow guys! I didnt realize I would cause such a debate when I posted pics, I didnt even mention what I thought they were...
To give everyone a bit more info. I received this colony about 1 1/2 weeks ago. As stated already they came from Kupang. They have only had 1 1/2 weeks of aquarium life. I seriously doubt they have colored up to their potential. I run 6x39 T5's on my tank and they are placed half way up in good flow.
When I received the colony upon placing them in my tank a loose slab of polyps broke off, so there was actually more then you saw in the photo. Im not willing to frag the colony but am willing to frag the rock that broke off which is approx 15 polyps or so..
I have no issues in sending Rev a polyp for comparison, however I dont feel like it will be an accurate comparison since mine has not had time to reach its potential.
But I will let you guys decide.

Wow that is really nice of you !
If you want to trade a polyp... or a few for anything on here lmk ;)
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/f10/wtt-all-kinds-32873.html

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you send me a polyp or two I will let it sit in the tank for a week or two and I will keep pics the whole way. I will then either ship the polyps back to you or give them away on R2R. What do you say everyone?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 33 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back