D

drkreid19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Clean up crews will not help your zoas. If water quality is good (cycle is at the end) - can add them, but no snail will run after zoa pests.
I see some white dots on each head... I cannot define what they are, but keep an eye on them - if dots move :confused:. If you have violets / actinics look at zoa only with those lights on - all eventual eggs become very bright and you can see things almost invisible in normal light.
I keep zoas since some years and they are bulletproof (kept them in low light and next to acros in bright areas, low flow and very strong flows, high nitrates, low nitrates) - but their weakness is pests (and of course angel fishes which consider them as candys :) ). As long are pest free they will be fine.

This is one of my colony - cheap and common zoas, dropped in tank right after the cycle (once with snails) - lived through nitrates of 40-50, now at 0.00 NO3 and light levels for SPS. The only drip I am using is fresh water. Everyday for first week. Some will say its crazy, but this is the result.

013.JPG
Thanks for the advice it's really helpful. Those look awesome, I love the colors! Here is a picture of the colony that I posted above when it was healthy.

dacianb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have an aiptasia - this is bad for any coral in your tank. You can see all corals around are closed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back