Schnitzels Shallow 250 Leemar

JMMJ13902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That pump looks just like my Laguna PJ2900 that I've had for 7 years and still running strong. It's also Italian made as well.

This is gonna be a sick build bud.
Following along.

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered my 65g tanks for my mixing station
http://www.plastic-mart.com/product/6126/65-gallon-vertical-water-storage-tank-tc2342ic-2

5esema4a.jpg

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you made a smart move by removing the cross braces out of the bottom and reorienting the top ones. You'll be happy you did that down the road.

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered my sump
Don't mind the 3rd grade drawing. And there will be multiple baffles and bubble traps. I just didn't draw them in. Also remember that the sizes on top don't add up to 60 because there has to be room for baffles and what not. So it's just a rough measurement
6utuge3y.jpg

Gunna be 3 sided black with a clear front panel. 1/2" Acrylic

general0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my dream build, I love the dimensions of the tank! The stand looks solid and should work well for this tank and good decision to change the bottom bracing. I made sure when I built my stand I did the same thing and it's allowed me much more space for equipment. For the sump I would go without the fuge, as for your sized tank it wouldn't do much for it in the way of nutrient export. I had one on a 65g tank and it just became a detritus trap!

Following along on this one!

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my dream build, I love the dimensions of the tank! The stand looks solid and should work well for this tank and good decision to change the bottom bracing. I made sure when I built my stand I did the same thing and it's allowed me much more space for equipment. For the sump I would go without the fuge, as for your sized tank it wouldn't do much for it in the way of nutrient export. I had one on a 65g tank and it just became a detritus trap!

Following along on this one!

Thanks. Took me awhile to find the right dimensions. I was originally gunna go with the traditional 300 dims (8x30"x2), but after seeing a couple 20" tall tanks, I knew that's what I wanted. The shallow tank on a tall stand looks super nice.
Ya I went back and fourth on this decision. I've seen plenty of large SPS dominant tanks with only a simple sump...filter sock/skimmer/return pump. So I know it works.

Either way I will leave the middle chamber in there. I'll decide later if I'm gunna use it as a fuge. Or maybe it will just be a chamber for reactors and for extra water volume.

Thank for your input.

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How tall is that ceramic rock you posted? I only have a shallow 80 but in my build, I made my rocks a little bit too high limited my room for SPS growth. Just keep that in mind when thinking of aquascaping.

Probably should have asked what type of tank you will be keeping.

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well decided I'm not gunna do Cerameco. I saw a buddy's tank today and decided to go with all new aquamaxx rock. Here's a couple pics of his aqua scape. His tank is almost identical dimensions to mine, except his is 6'
u8a7agyp.jpg

une9u7ej.jpg

eqy7e7uh.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 130 76.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back