Separate tank for copepods/amphipods?

AGWL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

Does anyone keep a separate tank for breeding copepods and amphipods? Do you have any success with that? I've got a spare 10g and was thinking about setting something up.

Thanks.

OP
OP
AGWL

AGWL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a HOB Refugium that does this. Copepods are on every surface. Also use a mason jar and air bubbler to hatch brine shrimp. Works really well.
Thank you! I have freshwater amphipods in my freshwater shrimp tank and I just love them. They're so cool.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any fuge should work like one in your sump. You can do a 10g tank like you are saying. Put in some good habitat for it like macro algae. When you do water changes in your DT do water change in your culture tank as well but replace the water you take out with some of the water from your DT. Feed them with Phyto.

I love watching the amphipods move around and do their thing. Cool little bugs.

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want it as a tank and not breeding. Can do a small pump and strong enough light for macroalgae. And maintain that with some rocks and macroalgae!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 35 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back