Setting up a 20g qt aquarium

Shufflepig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for all the help! I'll get an ammonia badge and keep up on water changes (and invest in a hob filter if that ends up insufficient). Is preventative treatment necessary if I see no signs of illness after 4-6 weeks? What are feelings on that?
Whether or not to treat prophylactily is a matter of your risk comfort. I agree that most fish that are doing well and look good after 4-6 weeks are likely ok for the DT but there is a chance they could be carrying an external or internal parasite and are asymptomatic. I’ve had great success with the QT protocol outlined in this forum of 2 rounds of PraziPro followed by 21 days of CP. Fish have tolerated the treatments well and you can sleep better knowing you are not introducing potential problems to the DT

Shufflepig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always depends on the vet. Show the vet the articles on using it for saltwater fish treatment and most will do it for you

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the Pakistani butterflies doing? They are one of my favorite butterflies. Hope they do well for you
They were doing good this morning and ate a little. I'll get home around 3:30 and feed again. I'll dose CP and prazi after they eat.
Here is the link to my thread. I'll keep updating as they Go through the process.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/trying-to-find-chloroquine-phosphate.458116/
IMG_1949.JPG

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I would love an update on the blue spot puffer. That is like a dream fish for me, but I worry about corals and CUC
I'm doing fish only so I've got a lot of flexibility with the fish I want.
This is my 120 with 40 breeder sump that is cycling. It's currently processing 2ppm ammonia in about 2 days. Getting close! I posted the link to my CP thread where I'm updating these guys going through QT. Feel free to follow and share along the way. It's my first try with CP so I'm hoping for the best. I've got cupramine if things start going south.
IMG_1929.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG

Here is the link for my build thread also
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/120-planet-aquarium-build.458000/

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I would love an update on the blue spot puffer. That is like a dream fish for me, but I worry about corals and CUC
He was the best eater this morning. Hoping his colors start darkening. He has been pretty pale since he arrived. The butterflies were pretty pale yesterday but had come back some this morning.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 173 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.0%
Back