Shapeshifters...one of my favorites

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked these up a few months ago, and the color has vastly improved since I got them. The pattern on the skirt reminds me of Darth Mauls, and pattern around the mouth is reminicent of the Yellow Jacket...with the colors of a PPE. One sexy paly!

shapeshifters.jpg

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jared, I was actually really liking the Rorschach name for one of the PE morphs out there. I think ReefPets is calling them Toxic Lava, but when I saw them, my first thought was of the Rorschach test. The Yellow Jackets also have a strong resemblance in this area, which is, I suppose, what you were saying too.

OP
OP
Stray32

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Toxic Lava, definitely a ****** PE, but it's difficult to capture the colors with a pic.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a better name for these is Rorschach Palys...

All right, I'll bite . . . what does Rorschach mean? Polyp looks nice - any chance of a better picture to show the colors? I know they are hard to get sometimes.

OP
OP
Stray32

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't think you can get a pic good enough to represent the color on these either.

That's what bugs the crap out of me...these are SO much sweeter in person, and I even messed with the saturation a bit, but still not representative of the true colors.

OP
OP
Stray32

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All right, I'll bite . . . what does Rorschach mean? Polyp looks nice - any chance of a better picture to show the colors? I know they are hard to get sometimes.

The Rorschach Test is a psychological test that uses abstract ink blots. The patient is shown these "pictures" and asked to tell the doctor what he/she sees. The splash of lavender around the mouth of these guys looks like one of those ink blots.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Rorschach Test is a psychological test that uses abstract ink blots. The patient is shown these "pictures" and asked to tell the doctor what he/she sees. The splash of lavender around the mouth of these guys looks like one of those ink blots.

Ah . . . thank you very much.

That's what bugs the crap out of me...these are SO much sweeter in person, and I even messed with the saturation a bit, but still not representative of the true colors.

Yep . . . hate that, have the same issue with my Neon Green trumpet coral - doesn't matter what lighting I take the pictue under or what settings I use, color just doesn't pop like it does when actually seen. Maybe you better send me a polyp of these so I can judge for myself.

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 70 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 64 27.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back